RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

I just got some news that sucks. I ordered the EVO D mounts for the rear almost 2 wks ago 10/11. I was told that it was shipped last Thursday but never received any tracking info. I emailed drew for days w/o any response. I finally heard back this past Monday & it never shipped. So, they finally sent it out that evening with an arrival of Thursday. I just got a UPS email for delivery for this Friday. Another day wasted. I looked on heading out by noon but now I have to wait for UPS. So, Ed I won't be making it to the campgrounds by 3. Sorry for the long post but just venting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just got some news that sucks. I ordered the EVO D mounts for the rear almost 2 wks ago 10/11. I was told that it was shipped last Thursday but never received any tracking info. I emailed drew for days w/o any response. I finally heard back this past Monday & it never shipped. So, they finally sent it out that evening with an arrival of Thursday. I just got a UPS email for delivery for this Friday. Another day wasted. I looked on heading out by noon but now I have to wait for UPS. So, Ed I won't be making it to the campgrounds by 3. Sorry for the long post but just venting.

Don't sweat it, do you know the ups guy or could a neighbor sign for it

Sorry to hear that. Waiting is the worst and is that like EVO to do? Keep me updated on when you're heading out if you want to convoy there.

install lift

I'm getting EVO Enforcer and J.E. Reel 1350. Not sure if I'm gona do all install if any of the install myself yet, though of course I'd love to.

Hey boss, if you are interested in installing it yourself I'd be more than happy to help you out. I have all necessary tools including grinders, welder, air tools etc.

Nate

Hey boss, if you are interested in installing it yourself I'd be more than happy to help you out. I have all necessary tools including grinders, welder, air tools etc.

Nate

It's very nice to see wayalife members willing to help each other out.:thumb:Nate

Yes, EVO had a small issue with the production of some of our D-Rings and upon shipping on Thursday EVO noticed that they were not the high quality product that we wanted to send out. Unfortunately, after being told that all these D-Rings were to ship Thursday, they did not and being that I was not in the shop on Friday, I did no get this news until late Monday. I apologize for not getting these to you when I said I would but we did not want to send you out an inferior product simply to meet a timeline.

Nate

Thanks dude, I will keep everyone updated on when I have all the parts.

Ok I have another no heat call and didn't get to read the whole way through. But thank yall , and glad you pointed that out Ed I didn't even notice that. And Rocco like Steve said you may loose a boot on the drive shaft with a 3.5 inch droop. Thats what happened to wvjeep on that one trip.he had the ones that where won on the giveaway.

Tom

Have the stock bumper off and ready for the truck to pull up!

Ok I have another no heat call and didn't get to read the whole way through. But thank yall , and glad you pointed that out Ed I didn't even notice that. And Rocco like Steve said you may loose a boot on the drive shaft with a 3.5 inch droop. Thats what happened to wvjeep on that one trip.he had the ones that where won on the giveaway.

Tom

Yeh true, happened to H8MUD last trip too which is why I figured I'd wait at least until I get the driveshaft. Will probably wait and just put everything on at once though anyway.

Sorry to hear that. Waiting is the worst and is that like EVO to do? Keep me updated on when you're heading out if you want to convoy there.

Hey, I'll definitely keep you posted on my Friday departure. You still leaving at 1630?

Have the stock bumper off and ready for the truck to pull up!

Oh, trust me. The bumper will definitely be off & everything prepped for install once UPS delivers the EVO mounts..!! And then off I go to Tremont.

Yes, EVO had a small issue with the production of some of our D-Rings and upon shipping on Thursday EVO noticed that they were not the high quality product that we wanted to send out. Unfortunately, after being told that all these D-Rings were to ship Thursday, they did not and being that I was not in the shop on Friday, I did no get this news until late Monday. I apologize for not getting these to you when I said I would but we did not want to send you out an inferior product simply to meet a timeline.

Like I said, Drew. Just venting a bit bc I was eagerly awaiting those mounts..! But I'm sure that this issue can be resolved some how when I place my order for the stubby front bumper with stinger..?? Hint... Hint... Lol. BTW- you never did email me back with that price quote I asked for in regards to the front bumper..?!

Last edited:
So here's my 2 cents on all your builds,let's say you buy a 3 inch lift hang a steel bumper on the front and one on the rear, then add a winch and a spare tire, add the oil pan skid and you will pull the 3 in lift down to 1 3/4 or may be a little over 2in, .......money wasted...I speak from experience..like Ed said 60 bucks for c-gusset supports if you choose the bigger wheels, then do the math and find out what works ....it's a matter of time before your rig weighs as much as a Mack truck...just helping now back to my corner

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

Veetz, I just put the Poison Spyder JK Brawler Mid bumper with a Warn Zeon 10 winch on the front of my rig. While I no longer look like a charter member of the Billet Silver Bypass Committee, I have about 1.5-2" less clearance on the front of my Jeep than I did when I was stock. (I feel like I am writing into Ann Landers) What would you suggest I do to ensure that I get 2.5 to 3" of lift on the Jeep and not just return the front to the original stock height?

Veetz, I just put the Poison Spyder JK Brawler Mid bumper with a Warn Zeon 10 winch on the front of my rig. While I no longer look like a charter member of the Billet Silver Bypass Committee, I have about 1.5-2" less clearance on the front of my Jeep than I did when I was stock. (I feel like I am writing into Ann Landers) What would you suggest I do to ensure that I get 2.5 to 3" of lift on the Jeep and not just return the front to the original stock height?

Gotta go with longer springs. If you just add spacers you gain the height back but lose your spring rate and spring travel. Figure how much you lost with the added weight and add a heavier duty longer spring.

Gotta go with longer springs. If you just add spacers you gain the height back but lose your spring rate and spring travel. Figure how much you lost with the added weight and add a heavier duty longer spring.

Brilliant! (Think 'old Guinness commercial') Thanks!

Top Bottom