Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Looking good. When you mount the quick disonnects on the upper angled brackets, are you adding anything to protect them from getting broke off?

They should be protected since they won't stick out from the facia at all.
Thinking about what you said earlier, and leaving my d ring mounts as is, instead of making them smooth and rounded. More rugged look. :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heck you could always round em off later on if you want. I think they look bad ass as is. I picked up some 3/8"x 4" angle this week at work for a special project. I may just end up with an extra couple of feet when its done. Now for that 3/16 flat...

Thanks Wes! Speaking of 3/8" angle- here's the front d ring mounts that will replace my stock tow hooks
1390700457380.jpg

And here's the rear d rings ready for paint
1390700510208.jpg

Yep. Thats exactly what im looking at for my front once i get things together.
Do they use much salt on the roads in Iowa? Remember back in the day growin up outside chicago you never saw an older truck or car without a ton of cancer.

my jeep is covered in the white stuff they started using instead of salt :(

Was curious if you'd almost have to galvanize things to prevent rust.

That's exactly why when I build armor for this jkur, I will use aluminum. No rust. Bumpers I can deal with repainting every 2 years, but armor and nutserts, I don't want to mess around that often with.

Here's an almost finished fascia panel. Lights and quick disconnects are done.
1390884823688.jpg
1390884846512.jpg

Got this really cute little 1 gallon tank today :D
Should work perfect next to the frame rail since it is 4 inch diameter
1390963770268.jpg
And fascia is on
1390963802175.jpg

Nice build so far Paul. You doing the welding on your rig? If so I got some welding for you too do!!!! Nice work!!!

Thanks David and Sean!
What do you need welded on yours Sean? or does Maggie's need gussets still?
I don't do anything structural myself, but shop at my old work has 220 and 440 millers and a few people who are really good at welding 1/2" :thumb:

Decided after putting the 315 on the stock tire carrier, that I wanted some better piece of mind for helping to keep bouncing to a minimum, so over lunch today, I bent a piece of 1/4" aluminum
1391111444423.jpg
And then cut off the extras
1391111498187.jpg
Drilled two holes, removed the stock bottom two bolts from the carrier, and installed my aluminum bracket
1391111570463.jpg
Side View
1391111600324.jpg
Threw a piece of neoprene bearing pad in and reinstalled tire
1391111658976.jpg
Bottom bump stop complete.

Love it so far, man! Hey, just a thought... you might want to pick up some rubber caps for your air connects. I saw some at a local auto supply store recently. With them angled slightly up and behind the rear tires, junk will want to settle down into them. It is a cheap 3 or 4 bucks that might help later :) I used them on my last air setup and they were a major time-saver.

Love the details you are addressing, man! That's what makes it YOURS!

Thanks army vet and majik!
Majik- I use chair end (floor protectors) on the oba qd's. 4 for $3 at a hardware store
1391117352015.jpg

Top Bottom