Pvanweelden's JKUR build

A few weeks ago, I stripped my york oba from my tj, so here is a pic of most of its components, they will be put into the jkur.
uploadfromtaptalk1390027215889.jpg

So, basically my oba setup will be a quick disconnect at each tire, that are all tied together. Plug in a four foot hose at each tire. At the driver side rear is the main output for the oba off the tank, this hose has a shut off valve and air gauge before joining the hose to the driver side rear tire. This allows me to hook the hoses up to all 4 tires, and the hose up to the output of the oba, and fill all four tires at once. Turn the shut off valve off, check the pressure level on the gauge, and stop fill up or continue filling up by switching the valve back on. In reverse, I can use the same hoses and setup to air down. I have used staun and smittybilt deflators, and it seems impossible to get 4 units to always deflate to the same pressure. Do you always check the pressure on all 4 tires after you use your staun or smitty deflaters? I did, and this what I do now. Hook up the four tires, and release my valve, wait a few minutes, then turn off the valve, and check the gauge. Very accurate. Equal pressure to all four tires when deflating and when airing up.

since my bolts are getting mounted from the outside- remove receiver, and grind off the welded nuts from the outside face of the receiver
uploadfromtaptalk1390074007884.jpg
Nuts removed (ouch) :D
uploadfromtaptalk1390074030792.jpg

Last edited:
Ran a wire through the tailgate loom up the third brake light, hooked up to the passenger side tail light for the oro brake/plate light, relocated license plate, cut off factory 3rd brake light mount, mounted mbrp bracket with the license bracket I made. Switched out the isolators to the daystars. All ready for my full size spare which is getting mounted tomoro.
Looks goofy as hell without the spare :D
uploadfromtaptalk1390257302779.jpg
Will paint the lower part of tub later.
Been thinking about armor- I already have some 3/16" plate steel, but found out today aluminum is not nearly as expensive as I thought it was (still pricey when you consider I already have the steel) but I can build rock skins and rear corners out of one 4x8 sheet, and that would equal a lot of weight savings. :thumbup:

i thought since it has been 3 months since i started this thread, i would do a quick cliff notes of what has been done to the jeep so far:
Started with Jku Rubi with dual tops, dynomax exhaust.
Trektop NX
Flipped up edisco, removed crashbar
Built front bumper, 10k winch from previous jeep
trimmed rubi rails, trimmed fenders, pinch seam
treadwright 315/70r17's (4)
wheel spacers
2" evo plush coils in front, 2" sway bar links
relocated evap canister
diy spod with 2 switch pods, one in headliner, one in center console
heated seats front and rear, seat covers
evo c gussets, RC lca skids, steering stabilizer relocation
built fascia rear bumper, d ring mounts, trimmed frame rails
mbrp spare tire mount, oro led light, relocated license plate
firestone 315/70 MT spare
York oba- yet to be installed
Sliders- to be installed yet
Led rock lights not installed yet
led rear lights and front lights not installed yet
uploadfromtaptalk1387137005194.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Majik! My name is Paul, and I'm an addict...:D

Future mods are- in no particular order: coilovers, slabs, cage, armor, tire carrier, rotopax, oil pan skid, tranny skid, diff covers, front lca's, track bars, front driveshaft.

Last edited:
Who says the backseat of a jku isn't comfy :D
Forgot about this pic the wife took of the kids Sunday on the way back great grandmas bday party
uploadfromtaptalk1390340963754.jpg

It came from here, I was pissed because because two people told me I shouldn't build my parts because xyz company already makes those parts. If I wanted to buy parts, I will. But I enjoy making parts, I like to fab, and I like to be able to say 'yes, I built that'

Amen to that! To me, it's part of owning a Jeep, so good for you. You may have inspired me to post a build thread of my own!

^ been waiting for you to get that too, so you can tell me more about it :thumbup:

My buddy Dave posted this to our local forum, thought it was worth sharing, since I love tacos! :D
uploadfromtaptalk1390409347196.jpg

Made my oba hoses this afternoon- 4 (4 ft) hoses, 1 with 2 inputs, 1 input to tie all 4 tires together (with a quick disconnect at each corner on the jeep) and one input for hooking up to the output of the oba tank. This input has a shut off valve, so at any time, I can stop the pressure from the system, and check the pressure of the tires.
uploadfromtaptalk1390432346555.jpg
I used the Ice Flex hose I got from NorthernTool, I was not familiar with it, as I have used flexzilla in the past, searched online, saw some negative reviews stating the hose tends to seperate the outer lining from the inner lining, so I thoroughly tested it before cutting it into pieces, incase it was defective. But it tested perfect! And so far it doesn't retain memory like the flexzilla did- I have pieces in my garage that still retain the bends from a month ago.

Top Bottom