Pvanweelden's JKUR build

I couldn't picture what you've got in mind for these, but looking forward to some pics once you make more progress!

it is hard to explain, but I have put a lot of thought in to what I wanted on the rear of the jeep, and wanted to try to make the best use of the space.
I know I will need at least 2 quick disconnects at the rear for my oba setup- 1 for the main output, and 1 to tie the four tires together for airing down/airing up all 4 tires at once- keeping equal pressure.
I also wanted to make sure that the hoses would never be in the way of opening the tailgate, or sticking off the back of the bumper, where they could get damaged easily.
I could have waited and ordered a evo fascia panel, but then I would be just hacking it up to mount my disconnects, so I just went ahead and made my own fascia panel.
hopefully I wil have some pics soon.

^ thanks Prime and hydrohut!

I got the tires switched out on the TJ last night, much better for the 4 banger to push around the 35's instead of 36's :thumb:
I reached highway speed (60 mph here) easily and had to slow down before I reached the speed camera :D

David- Jeeps on 40's aren't supposed to go that fast! lol - especially tj's! :D

I know xflstl reached over 105mph after picking up his jkur hemi on 42's :rock:

Last edited:
High speed in the JK is nothing. It takes balls to it in a TJ or older. I remember doing 80+ mph in my TJ................... once... cause I never did it again.

^ exactly! :D you still have that pic you took when I was actually passing someone at 70 mph in my tj Ryan? :eek: :D

This is my favorite tj picture- winter wheeling in Iowa
z167454_3716425381820_758334837_n (3).jpg

I actually took a video as well, but I can't seem to find either of them. I guess they weren't exciting enough to keep. :yawn37:

Oh well, at least we have video of the important stupid we have done = you falling off the cliff in moab, Scott rolling a brand new rubi in MO, Sean backing off a semi trailer without a ramp :) oh, and Allen zip lining and almost hitting the jeep

Here's another pic of fascia panel and d ring mounts, thinking of adding some lights as well to backside of fascia, but they will have to really small lights.
uploadfromtaptalk1389896107221.jpg

^ yes, you could tap into the reverse light wire with a relay, and have the lights also on a seperate switch. I haven't decided yet what I am doing for rear led's, but most likely they will be maxxima's with the reverse light, so I won't need extra lights wired with them, so I would probably hook the lights in the fascia up to a switch on the spod. I found some slim led lights today that should work in the small amount of space between the rear frame rail and the fascia piece. In other news, we got some snow today in Iowa, and there was a massive traffic jam outside my buddies house, two double trailer semi's were stuck trying to go up a hill at 56th and Grand ave, we used my buddies V8 wj to pull them both up the hill! Video will be posted later, here's a crappy pic for now.
uploadfromtaptalk1389928074028.jpg

In other news, we got some snow today in Iowa, and there was a massive traffic jam outside my buddies house, two double trailer semi's were stuck trying to go up a hill at 56th and Grand ave, we used my buddies V8 wj to pull them both up the hill! Video will be posted later, here's a crappy pic for now.
View attachment 64862

Sounds awesome!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

I don't want to piss people off here, but when I stated that this is my 'build' thread, I meant it. I've seen too many "build" threads that only show who is paying the bank. This is not my 'bought' thread. I will build as much as can, when it seems like I could buy cheaper than I could build, I will.
I actually just got the ok from the wife to order coilovers when the tj sells, as long as I buy her a puppy :) small price to pay, here puppy puppy :)

I don't get this comment? Where did it come from?

High speed in the JK is nothing. It takes balls to it in a TJ or older. I remember doing 80+ mph in my TJ................... once... cause I never did it again.

I road trip with my Tj down to to California every year to meet up with my dad and brother for a long weekend. Those road trips are mostly where it happens, I'm not afraid to hit the passing lanes with it, and it seems to do amazingly well for being big and short.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

I don't get this comment? Where did it come from?

It came from here, I was pissed because because two people told me I shouldn't build my parts because xyz company already makes those parts. If I wanted to buy parts, I will. But I enjoy making parts, I like to fab, and I like to be able to say 'yes, I built that'

I road trip with my Tj down to to California every year to meet up with my dad and brother for a long weekend. Those road trips are mostly where it happens, I'm not afraid to hit the passing lanes with it, and it seems to do amazingly well for being big and short.

80 is the fastest i have gone in my tj, and it was scary :eek: but i have gone 90 in my buddies tj and it was pretty smooth, but nothing like a jku :thumb:

It came from here, I was pissed because because two people told me I shouldn't build my parts because xyz company already makes those parts. If I wanted to buy parts, I will. But I enjoy making parts, I like to fab, and I like to be able to say 'yes, I built that'

I say let the sparks fly! 😎👍

Was curious whether your planning on a set of off road backup lights switched manually that may be a bit much for everyday /night road use tied into reverse switchleg.
I had a set of seperate switched backup spots on my f350 i used when at the desert for setting up and unhooking the trailer. Turned nite into day.

Yes ^ the lights I put in the fascia will be wired to a switch for offroad, camping, and the occasional 'get off my ass' greeting :D

Here's an example for what I am going to do on both sides of the fascia panel for oba quick disconnects. This is the bump up panel with a quick disconnect on the passenger side rear.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390025172447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390025172447.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 324
And here's the driver side rear quick disconnects, there will one QD for each tire, and then the main output for the oba.
uploadfromtaptalk1390026898429.jpg

Top Bottom