Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Great Build so far! Loving it :)

Out of curiosity how well do those tires handle snow and Ice?

Thanks

- Rex

Wow Paul, you are spending some time on this!! Coil overs???!! That's cool!

And how dare you build your own stuff! Now your jeep is truly one of a kind!!
I love when people ask me where they can get a rear bumper like mine... I should start sending them down to "steelco" (a local steel supplier).

Keep up the good work!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

^ thanks David!
Sad day today tho, the tj is going back to 35's :grayno:
trading the 36" swampers and beadlocks out to a buddy that is going to trailer his tj, and I am getting his 35's on steelies for a more road worthy ride.
I had 35's originally, and with the tj being a 4 banger, 4.88 gears was a good match. but I got greedy and tire envy, and went to 36's, all while still being a daily driver, and trying to push a 4 banger down the highway :eek:
on 35's I could do 75-80 mph, but on 36's- 70 mph tops.
how does your tj do on the highway David?

I will need 2 spots for air quick disconnects, and couldn't decide on an easy spot for them, I didn't want anything hanging off the back, and I didn't want hoses to interfere with the gate opening, so I decided on adding a bump up on both sides to allow the quick disconnects to mount off to the sides.
uploadfromtaptalk1389741492260.jpg

Lol, I think they might be down to under 3 lbs each now, will weigh after I get back from switching tires on my tj. No, not taking orders, Evo makes the best ones you can buy :thumbup:
I still gotta a long ways to go on these, lots of grinding to make them pretty :D

Lol, I think they might be down to under 3 lbs each now, will weigh after I get back from switching tires on my tj. No, not taking orders, Evo makes the best ones you can buy :thumbup:
I still gotta a long ways to go on these, lots of grinding to make them pretty :D

I kind of like the utilitarian/ military style all business look. Personally I wouldnt pretty em up too much more. :thumb: theyll look store bought. ;)

Great build, man! I love fabbing my own stuff when able, as well :) I think alot of people commenting on this thread would be surprised at what they are able to do on their own... Yes, there are things to be cautious with... And it's good to know your limits, but it's also good to stretch them and teach yourself something new :)
Good luck!

I don't want to piss people off here, but when I stated that this is my 'build' thread, I meant it. I've seen too many "build" threads that only show who is paying the bank. This is not my 'bought' thread. I will build as much as can, when it seems like I could buy cheaper than I could build, I will. I actually just got the ok from the wife to order coilovers when the tj sells, as long as I buy her a puppy :) small price to pay, here puppy puppy :)

Since you feel that way, why don't you just build the whole jeep?. You could manufacture and fabricate each little part yourself, piece by piece and then have your "build". But of course this would mean you couldn't "buy" the coilovers you were thinking of.

Nice Build!!:thumb: Dont worry about what you do and make haters gonna hate... just keep living the dream :thumb:

Since you feel that way, why don't you just build the whole jeep?. You could manufacture and fabricate each little part yourself, piece by piece and then have your "build". But of course this would mean you couldn't "buy" the coilovers you were thinking of.

When it seems like I could buy cheaper than I could build, I will.

Not even automobile manufacturers make every single part themselves, that's not smart business. If it costs you more to produce something, than you could buy, you are losing money.

If I wanted a buggy, I would build a buggy. It would be a lot cheaper to build a buggy.

I wish I could see more from others in their build threads, actually building parts, or doing something outside of the box, that others aren't doing.
I do appreciate seeing people who are doing the installs and wrenching on their own jeeps. Everyone should be proud of everything they do.

^ thanks David!
Sad day today tho, the tj is going back to 35's :grayno:
trading the 36" swampers and beadlocks out to a buddy that is going to trailer his tj, and I am getting his 35's on steelies for a more road worthy ride.
I had 35's originally, and with the tj being a 4 banger, 4.88 gears was a good match. but I got greedy and tire envy, and went to 36's, all while still being a daily driver, and trying to push a 4 banger down the highway :eek:
on 35's I could do 75-80 mph, but on 36's- 70 mph tops.
how does your tj do on the highway David?

My Tj is an animal! It's a 2005 with a couple small mods to the 4 liter. I've had it up over 90, and I think it will go faster, but being that high and that short.... Well, I would have to clean out my pants if I ever decided to try a top speed! It does have 513s too. I regularly hit 80+ mph and I don't even really notice it. Maybe I'll strap on some depends and give it a top speed run soon.. If I do, I'll certainly let you know.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Oh yeah, and my daughters power wheel seems like it hits about 10mph after the upgrades I did!

I will need 2 spots for air quick disconnects, and couldn't decide on an easy spot for them, I didn't want anything hanging off the back, and I didn't want hoses to interfere with the gate opening, so I decided on adding a bump up on both sides to allow the quick disconnects to mount off to the sides.
View attachment 64609

I couldn't picture what you've got in mind for these, but looking forward to some pics once you make more progress!

Great build, man! I love fabbing my own stuff when able, as well :) I think alot of people commenting on this thread would be surprised at what they are able to do on their own... Yes, there are things to be cautious with... And it's good to know your limits, but it's also good to stretch them and teach yourself something new :)
Good luck!
^ very well said!
Thank you! I am a huge fan of your research work on the big brakes! :thumb:

Top Bottom