Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Thanks Wes! I have been debating paint versus powder coating the sliders- obviously I know over time that powder doesn't hold up to the rocks- but painted metal here in Iowa doesn't hold up to the winters, especially weld joints. So I think I am going with powder.

I went back to the future to get this pic today :D
1402597912089.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Wes! I have been debating paint versus powder coating the sliders- obviously I know over time that powder doesn't hold up to the rocks- but painted metal here in Iowa doesn't hold up to the winters, especially weld joints. So I think I am going with powder.

I went back to the future to get this pic today :D
View attachment 87341

The Docs alive! he's in 1885 but he's alive!:wings: :cheesy::cheesy:

I did some parachording this morning- typical zipper pulls and grab handles, will do a few dog harnesses for the jeep. And a winch line pull handle

20140619_144218.jpg

Last edited:
Grab handles- about $14 for all six handles.
1403484850999.jpg
Used the rubber handles from an old set of grab handles with the paracord on the front set.
1403484926825.jpg
Got the sliders all cleaned up today ready for powder and rockerskins are almost done.

Thanks Olram!
I got the holes drilled in the rockerskins, will countersink tomoro.
1403573478385.jpg
And then dropped off the sliders to get powder coated- going with semi gloss since that is their strongest powder, but then I will paint flat black.

Thanks Olram!
I got the holes drilled in the rockerskins, will countersink tomoro.
View attachment 88842
And then dropped off the sliders to get powder coated- going with semi gloss since that is their strongest powder, but then I will paint flat black.

can't wait to see em all bolted up and pretty looking. you've got some mad skills buddy. :thumb:
i need to get myself a Mig welder so that i can start fabbing up stuff instead of buying factory made, will save me a fortune and will have more sense of achievement when done :rock:

Thank you Hillz! :thumbup:
As Wes and David know, I was not having much fun cutting out the rockerskins and rear corners, but very happy with them now after some sanding. Just need to polish them up and paint them after finishing the countersink drilling. Corners- won't work anymore on them until late july.

Everything's coming along nicely Paul. The sliders and skins look great!!!

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Thanks Jason and Scott!
Forgot to mention I've been collecting parts for a small lift. Still need brakelines for the front. Thanks Matt!
1403617299836.jpg

^ I am going with a Franken lift of sorts- It will be 3" Plush coils in the front, and 2" jks coils in the rear with a spacer if need be. I need to keep the rear from being too tall to fit in my garage :( 77"
Bilstin shocks, jks lca.
Here's some pics of the sliders getting powder today
1403794379352.jpg
1403794396230.jpg

^ I am going with a Franken lift of sorts- It will be 3" Plush coils in the front, and 2" jks coils in the rear with a spacer if need be. I need to keep the rear from being too tall to fit in my garage :( 77"
Bilstin shocks, jks lca.
Here's some pics of the sliders getting powder today
View attachment 89249
View attachment 89250

You know that is not how we do this in Florida. Everything must match because if it does not we will not be able to get a license for it. Do not even think of doing a long arm. That is so illegal. You could get harasses for it. :)

You know that is not how we do this in Florida. Everything must match because if it does not we will not be able to get a license for it. Do not even think of doing a long arm. That is so illegal. You could get harasses for it. :)

If Paul did a long arm, he would get hung up on the taller curb's at the mall. :evil snicker:

Top Bottom