Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Thank you! Very impressed with your switch panel! Looks like it came straight from the factory that way!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

With the tires I have being a little larger than your average 35" tire, the rear of my jeep is at 74" tall. If I were to gain a true 3" from lift in the rear, it would not fit in my garage. That is why I am going with the 2" coil in the rear to start. Later I will try swapping that out for a 3" Plush coil.

Is that 74" with the hard top or soft? What exact spot is the tallest on your rig? Asking as without a factory top myself I don't know. I know my tallest spot is the header in my soft top @77.2" And yes those are big 35's, I think only one bigger is the MTR/K.

The 74" is with trek top at the C pillar.

Typical 3.8
1404184382511.jpg
Fixed it tonight with Andrews help.

I think we need a few more jeeps :D
1404184463118.jpg

Wes- this pic is for you :)
1404184496783.jpg

I really like the looks of that d ring mount! Are those nuts..... Welded on? Can't really see on the iPad.

It's what you said last winter when I was fighting having to take the bumper on/off a few times. I had to take it off tonight to get the winch out, so I welded the nuts and backing plates to the inside of the frame mount. It will look just like it previously did, but I won't have to hold the nut on the inside anymore. Thank you Wes! :thumbup:

Thank you X2 maxcustody! :thumbup:

I thought the cutouts would tie in with my jeep grill on the stinger :) now I just need a cj drop down tailgate :) - was going to do a drop down tire carrier, with a rear winch to pull the tire back up (for the wife) but I have switched to a swing out carrier instead :(
Sliders/rockskins will be installed sunday. Have a safe and good 4th everyone!

Wes- here's an after pic of bumper/d rings reinstalled. I ran a tap thru the nuts after welding them to clean up the threads and put in new bolts. So much easier now to access. No more dropping the swaybar motor just to loosen or tighten the 8 main bumper bolts. :thumbup:
1404325746661.jpg
Bumper looks pretty lonely without the winch :D

Turned out pretty sweet for sure! Curious on your take here- what do you think about a 1/4" 6061 alum bumper not bent but seperate pieces welded up? Buddy of mine just picked up a spool gun :) . I cant wait to try that puppy out!

Likely a stub with Dom stinger bolting down through top with steel backplate and added alum bracing underneath.

Sounds good Wes!
Been sharing some ideas with darkknight after he finished his awesome fiberglass work on his switch panel. Here's a few pics of how I used to make molds for plastic- this is for an RC truck that I designed the suspension for and built most of it out of aluminum. I made plastic battery trays for it.
1404344707854.jpg
Flat piece of plastic later turned into this
1404344744887.jpg
1404344761124.jpg
1404344887718.jpg

Are you using kydex?

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Holy crap! :shock: Kydex is a great idea! Why didn't I think of that! :rock: I'm going to have to order some up to test and see how that bonds to the factory ABS plastic. But its so much easier to mold with! God why didn't I think of that! I have to go order some right now… lol

I make holsters with the stuff. It's so easy to work with.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Top Bottom