Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Looks awesome Jason!
Must have been the weekend for rotopax mounts- as Will got his mounted also. Great job guys!
1401149988291.jpg
1401150006979.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Big shout out to Paul!!! I finally got one mounted up.

Thanks bro

Hey Paul, while I think it's great that you're helping out your fellow Jeepers by making parts for them, I'd be grateful if you and the people you help keep a lower profile about it. It is only an assumption of mine but, I doubt you are doing all this for free and you're starting to look like a fab shop. I'm sure you're just trying to be helpful and mean no harm but you're starting to draw enough attention that I'm now having to address this. I hope you can be understanding of my position here.

Hey Paul, while I think it's great that you're helping out your fellow Jeepers by making parts for them, I'd be grateful if you and the people you help keep a lower profile about it. It is only an assumption of mine but, I doubt you are doing all this for free and you're starting to look like a fab shop. I'm sure you're just trying to be helpful and mean no harm but you're starting to draw enough attention that I'm now having to address this. I hope you can be understanding of my position here.

Eddie,

I understand your position on this and can only speak for myself. I offered to buy the mounts from Paul and he refused. He sent them to me free of charge. I know, it's hard to believe that someone would do that and I'm still floored. I did cover actual shipping for the mounts. I would like to add that he didn't ask for shipping payment. I just used his return address and sent him a check for the shipping costs only.

In my opinion he is a stand up guy that would never try to undermine you or intentionally break any forum rules.

I hope this helps clear up any problems.

Jason

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Understood. not trying to sell anything here, was actually hoping to do more write-ups to show people how they can make more stuff themselves.

Big fan of your build buddy! I'm gonna borrow a few ideas if you don't mind. I'm a welder by trade so most of this is right up my alley and costs a lot less than most aftermarket stuff out there. I'm glad I found your build thread it's kept my boredom at bay for the last few days. Keep up the good work hope to see more soon!

Eddie,

I understand your position on this and can only speak for myself. I offered to buy the mounts from Paul and he refused. He sent them to me free of charge. I know, it's hard to believe that someone would do that and I'm still floored. I did cover actual shipping for the mounts. I would like to add that he didn't ask for shipping payment. I just used his return address and sent him a check for the shipping costs only.

In my opinion he is a stand up guy that would never try to undermine you or intentionally break any forum rules.

I hope this helps clear up any problems.

Jason.

To be clear, I never said any rules have been broken. If they had, I would have had to deal with things differently. This was just brought to my attention and I was just trying to head things off at the pass before it became a real problem.

Understood. not trying to sell anything here, was actually hoping to do more write-ups to show people how they can make more stuff themselves.

And honestly, I know that. There are just a lot of people on here who want to publically make and sell things and I've had to let them know they can't. You can say you're doing things for free but when you've got happy guys posting up what you made for them, it kind of complicates things. All I'm saying is that if you do help folks out, just ask them to take it, be grateful and keep it low key. Broadcasting their thanks even if it's with the best of intentions can make things harder for me. Again, I hope you can be understanding.

Sorry for any misunderstanding I caused.
Bought 2 storage rotopax to mount inside the jeep (back side mounts shown previously)
It's alot easier to cram stuff into a $5 tool bag, but I like the convenience of storing stuff and easily having it secured, and tied down

Might use foam to make cutouts for storing my air tools in one of them, and cram the trail fix goodies in the other one.
1401390781348.jpg
1401390881867.jpg

Thanks Wes!
Sliders- about 4 months ago- I started work on sliders- but was never happy with them- I didn't like the look of bent corners. Here is what I had.
1401515750926.jpg
So I discarded those and searched for different ways of a frame mount slider. Evo already makes the strongest design. And they use dom tubing which is the strongest tube material. This is the same material used in roll cages for race cars, etc. But unfortunately not all jeep roll cages are made with dom material :(
Maybe someday.
I started over with Dom material and the best way I could think of connecting it all together.
I am using the wrangler cnc cutout and 1941 cutout as my end pieces, otherwise my sliders are very much evo inspired.
Here's a mock up pic- I used Pvc notched pipe to help find the offset distances to the frame.
1401516262101.jpg

And here's the 2 sliders with the legs tacked on waiting for the frame plates, gussets and end caps
1401516353428.jpg

I will add- unless dom tubing is cheap in your area, it is very hard to beat the price of the Evo sliders. And no, I will not give out any measurements.

I feel like I've seen that pic before.... Looking good Paul!! Did you post the first pic to prove you have a bender? Haha.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Thanks Jason! Until I get a lift, the cutouts will be hard to see :D
Very funny David :D
Wes- the sliders will be welded on.

Thanks Jeff!
And just a note in case anyone was wondering- with all of the rotopax mounts I made and shipped out, I did receive a check once for $13.
I didn't ask for it.

I found a way to cram some crap into these rotopax storage containers- one has all my air tools- 1/2" driver, chisel, 3" cut wheel, large sockets, etc and the other has typical trail fix crap- zip ties, ratchet straps, duct tspe, hose clamps, grease gun, etc
1401603504493.jpg

Thanks Jeff!
And just a note in case anyone was wondering- with all of the rotopax mounts I made and shipped out, I did receive a check once for $13.
I didn't ask for it.

I found a way to cram some crap into these rotopax storage containers- one has all my air tools- 1/2" driver, chisel, 3" cut wheel, large sockets, etc and the other has typical trail fix crap- zip ties, ratchet straps, duct tspe, hose clamps, grease gun, etc
View attachment 85916

That's a great idea, looks awesome :thumb::thumb:

Meant to post this last week, but I wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the Eagle Eye's for rock lights. I got them all in after following your write up on the DIY SPOD.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402592468.650251.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402592483.270538.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402592495.884661.jpg

Got a few other lighting things done too :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402592528.002554.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402592540.303577.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402592549.036106.jpg

Looks great Greg!
I finally got a free evening amongst baseball and volleyball games to work on the sliders again with my buddy's help on the welding. A little more grinding and they'll be ready for paint.
1402594848705.jpg
1402594886007.jpg

Top Bottom