Pvanweelden's JKUR build

^ the only difficult part to building it is getting the lengths right, so it opens to the 7", but yet can close all the way without the all thread hitting the hitch pin.
Atch just sent me this pic of Cody showing off the indestructible d35 :D
1400354126747.jpg

I hate missing a good wheeling day, but working on the tj today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got a chance to do some sanding and cutting on the aluminum rockerskins. I can say now that I am pretty happy with the way they are turning out.
1400464846915.jpg

And got the trail vise painted along with my rotopax mounts.
1400464902874.jpg

Jason and Greg- those leds should be the sames one I used- 9 watt, but that link for 8 is a great deal :thumbup:

Awesome. I finished up the DIY sPOD over the weekend too. Need to get some pics posted in the other thread. Thanks for all of your help and ideas! I never would have had the confidence to tackle something like that without it and I learned a lot along the way.

Rock lights should hopefully arrive this week or early next. They take a while from China.

Thanks Greg! Glad I was able to help!

Yes, Jeff, the cutouts are part of my sliders, but they won't be done for a few weeks, hopefully before we go to CO in July

Thanks Greg! Glad I was able to help!

Yes, Jeff, the cutouts are part of my sliders, but they won't be done for a few weeks, hopefully before we go to CO in July

Those will look nice when they are all done.

Thanks Jeff!
I finally had some time to put on the evo/protek oil pan skid today.
1400627256748.jpg
Here's a before pic, I think the previous owner was a bad ass down at smorr :D
1400627419894.jpg

^ it is about 6 hrs away (driving a jk) or 8 hrs (driving a tj) :D
I have not been yet, a buddy went 3 weeks ago and some guys in the local club (atch and gecko) went 5 weeks ago. I wish it was closer, but I know it is worth the drive.

Removed all the carpet.
1400984060107.jpg

And put door trim on to protect the kids from the sharp edge since they tend to slide in and out of the backseat

Last edited:
Removed all the carpet.
View attachment 84950

And put door trim on to protect the kids from the sharp edge since they tend to slide in and out of the backseat

I've been debating pulling my carpet, but worry about noise. How much did it change the jk?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Lol, I don't think I can accurately measure how much noise difference, I've had the doors off for the last 2 weeks :D

We are wheeling tomorrow and expecting a thunderstorm in the afternoon, so with only the trek top, we will get wet. So I wanted to get the carpet out now, but it won't return. I hate carpet. Never had it in my tj. Much easier to clean the inside of the jeep without it. I will probably pull the seats and bedline the whole inside at some point this summer.

We had an hours drive this morning with downpour rain- doorless with only a bikini top :D so glad I pulled the carpet.
The rain made the park pretty greasy and sloppy, made for some interesting wheeling or sliding.
1401077290421.jpg
1401077316750.jpg
1401077331934.jpg
1401077363153.jpg

We had an hours drive this morning with downpour rain- doorless with only a bikini top :D so glad I pulled the carpet.
The rain made the park pretty greasy and sloppy, made for some interesting wheeling or sliding.
]

Looks like fun! I love vehicle recovery- and it looks like you guys got your fair share!

Good call on the carpet!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Big shout out to Paul!!! I finally got one mounted up.

5ydyjesa.jpg

veraga8y.jpg

Thanks bro

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Top Bottom