Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Very ingenious Paul the corners are coming along nicely.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Thanks Jason!
I had a request for more pics on how I mounted the rock lights- i have a total of 12 eagle eye 9 watt leds. I have 1 inside my bumper facing back,
1399234788059.jpg
1 zip tied to the fender support.
1399234901894.jpg
And then one in each body mount -3 at the sides and one at the rear.
1399234979675.jpg

1399235003552.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol, I never put those bolts back in since the sliders are coming off this week :D

Thanks Hillz and JK.
I took some scrap aluminum tonight and made a support for the middle rear seat. I know this pic sucks, but kind of hard to take a pic of under the seat :D
1399425406833.jpg
And got some more pieces done with cnc, cut them and cleaned them up a little.
Finally have all the pieces for that project.
1399425535111.jpg
Mini is getting a new valve cover and gasket tomorrow night :mad:

Those jeep cut outs are awesome. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for them.

i was discussing with Scott earlier about rock lights, and he sent me a link on these-

http://www.dx.com/p/10w-1000lm-6000k-eagle-eye-white-led-light-for-car-12v-pair-131553#.U2qZU-ZOWUk

they are a little pricey at $32/pair, but if you don't want to drill a 3/8" hole through each body mount like i did, these would be nice and easy to mount.
I would drill a small hole in the body mount and run the wire up through that hole to keep the wires up above the frame to protect them.
Run your wires around the top of the frame and connect all the lights up together. Wrap wire wireloom at any spot remotely close to exhaust.
Use heatshrink to cover any of your connections. 16 gauge wire to run for connecting the lights all together. They are all hooked up in parallel. (all red wires hooked together, and all black wires hooked together)
i also saw this on the dx website, the same $10 wireless relay controller :D
http://deals.dx.com/team.php?sku=315179

i was discussing with Scott earlier about rock lights, and he sent me a link on these-

http://www.dx.com/p/10w-1000lm-6000k-eagle-eye-white-led-light-for-car-12v-pair-131553#.U2qZU-ZOWUk

they are a little pricey at $32/pair, but if you don't want to drill a 3/8" hole through each body mount like i did, these would be nice and easy to mount.
I would drill a small hole in the body mount and run the wire up through that hole to keep the wires up above the frame to protect them.
Run your wires around the top of the frame and connect all the lights up together. Wrap wire wireloom at any spot remotely close to exhaust.
Use heatshrink to cover any of your connections. 16 gauge wire to run for connecting the lights all together. They are all hooked up in parallel. (all red wires hooked together, and all black wires hooked together)
i also saw this on the dx website, the same $10 wireless relay controller :D
http://deals.dx.com/team.php?sku=315179

I was thinking about picking these up. Cheap enough to be worth a shot.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8x-9W-LED-Eagle-Eye-White-Light-Daytime-Running-DRL-Tail-Backup-Light-Car-Motor-/281282174025?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417db95c49&vxp=mtr

Got the tj out today and realized I didn't have a current pic of the two jeeps together :)
Ten minutes later had the top and doors off, 20 minutes later the possible new owners stopped by and went for a test drive, 40 minutes later it was pouring rain :)
Spent some time after the rain getting some little stuff on the tj fixed. Still needs to be cleaned tho :)
1399783236185.jpg

You mean they didn't buy it???!! Probably because the interior was soaked and the stereo no longer works!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Lol, technically I am not really ready to sell it yet, need to replace the front windshield, he is a high school buddy who called me looking for a 4 cyl tj for his daughter, and I said I might know of one for sale soon :D
In other news, I probably can't get coilovers yet :( I can't physically fit 3.5" of lift on a jk on 36's in my garage :( no way to easily raise the garage door height, and we will be upgrading housing next year, so I am probably looking at a Franken lift with 3" Plush coils in front, not sure what to do with the rear. It sits level now with the 2" Plush in front and stock 58 coils in rear.

Lol, technically I am not really ready to sell it yet, need to replace the front windshield, he is a high school buddy who called me looking for a 4 cyl tj for his daughter, and I said I might know of one for sale soon :D
In other news, I probably can't get coilovers yet :( I can't physically fit 3.5" of lift on a jk on 36's in my garage :( no way to easily raise the garage door height, and we will be upgrading housing next year, so I am probably looking at a Franken lift with 3" Plush coils in front, not sure what to do with the rear. It sits level now with the 2" Plush in front and stock 58 coils in rear.

That's funny. My jeep can't get ANY bigger. It scrapes as I pull it in.. I have a friend with a giant fj40 who used to have to winch the suspension down to get into his garage- not fun

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

^^^^ that's what I was going to suggest :) two winches and suck that baby down. Lol

Jason and Greg- those leds should be the sames one I used- 9 watt, but that link for 8 is a great deal :thumbup:

Trail vise done. Jaws open up 7"
1400209123118.jpg

And got the windshield replaced on the tj today. Powder coating on the rear corners needs to be sanded off :( hope to do that this weekend.
1400209218979.jpg

Got the rear bumper/tire carrier I built for the tj 4 years ago cleaned up and repainted. Next up is cleaning up the crappy powder coating from smitty on the corner armor that only survived 1 iowa winter :(
1400304597126.jpg

Top Bottom