Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

I've only driven once at night since I installed them but so far I like them. From city streets to freeways to rural roads they keep the roads and road signs lite up. I think it was the road signs I don't pay any attention to anymore that kept grabbing my attention surprised me. Here's a view from the driver seat and this is just the low beams.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460073383.407327.jpg

I've only driven once at night since I installed them but so far I like them. From city streets to freeways to rural roads they keep the roads and road signs lite up. I think it was the road signs I don't pay any attention to anymore that kept grabbing my attention surprised me. Here's a view from the driver seat and this is just the low beams.

View attachment 196913

Very nice! I can't wait till I get thru other mods and make it headlights.

Handing off the keys to the wife today. Either she just wants to drive Steel, or her car really does need a wash ;)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460122413.268291.jpg

I just installed some JWs and I'll be there

SWEET! I'll get to see them BOTH side by side! :thumb: I'm also curious to see the JWs in person, in the daylight. I tend to agree with the projector light logic, I just am not sure about the look on a jeep. But we will see. Either way BOTH look AWESOME from the driverseat, and after all, thats what really matters most. :yup: Cant wait to check them out guys!

Handing off the keys to the wife today. Either she just wants to drive Steel, or her car really does need a wash ;)
View attachment 196998

Could have bought a stick... ;) just saying. (kidding, I didnt get the manual so she wouldn't drive it; I got the manual because I AM going to drive it)

Last edited:
View attachment 196998

Okay, how is your garage so clean? :thinking:

Could have bought a stick... ;) just saying. (kidding, I didnt get the manual so she wouldn't drive it; I got the manual because I AM going to drive it)

I bought a stick, and taught her how to drive it! Now she loves it, and is so stinkin proud of herself.

SWEET! I'll get to see them BOTH side by side! :thumb: I'm also curious to see the JWs in person, in the daylight. I tend to agree with the projector light logic, I just am not sure about the look on a jeep. But we will see. Either way BOTH look AWESOME from the driverseat, and after all, thats what really matters most. :yup: Cant wait to check them out guys!

I would have loved to have a manual! But my wife wants to drive it and she can't figure out a manual hah. She said she wants to wheel it and she'd rather do it with an automatic.

Okay, how is your garage so clean? :thinking:

I bought a stick, and taught her how to drive it! Now she loves it, and is so stinkin proud of herself.

I'm very OCD about my garage, just like I am with my JKU.

:)

I would have loved to have a manual! But my wife wants to drive it and she can't figure out a manual hah. She said she wants to wheel it and she'd rather do it with an automatic.

I'm very OCD about my garage, just like I am with my JKU.

:)

I was very surprised with how quickly mine picked it up, she drives it better with the 35's than she did when it was stock! haha.

My garage just keeps accumulating more junk it seems, every time I clean it out and get it organized; stuff just starts appearing.

Though I am committed to both of our vehicles fitting in the garage, no matter what. It's like a big game of Tetris, lol.

Trektop looks good on Steel!

I was very surprised with how quickly mine picked it up, she drives it better with the 35's than she did when it was stock! haha.

My garage just keeps accumulating more junk it seems, every time I clean it out and get it organized; stuff just starts appearing.

Though I am committed to both of our vehicles fitting in the garage, no matter what. It's like a big game of Tetris, lol.

Trektop looks good on Steel!

Try having a single car garage with lawn care tools, hard top, rolling tool chest, full size washer & dryer (my rental house already had the washer and dryer hooked up, so mine are stored in the garage) stock wheels and tires, stock tire carrier, stock front bumper, stock rock rails AND a JKU on 37s and slabs (84" wide) ... :icon_crazy:

I also have a TJ soft top, misc house paint, a little spare 2x4, 2 jacks, 6 jack stands, pressure washer, 5 gallon gas can for lawn equipment, 2.5 gallon 2 stroke fuel can, camping gear, kiddie pool, and a pretty large rolling shop vac... :thinking: I'm not really sure HOW it fits; but it does :eek:

Last edited:
Try having a single car garage with lawn care tools, hard top, rolling tool chest, full size washer & dryer (my rental house already had the washer and dryer hooked up, so mine are stored in the garage) stock wheels and tires, stock tire carrier, stock front bumper, stock rock rails AND a JKU on 37s and slabs (84" wide) ... :icon_crazy:

I also have a TJ soft top, misc house paint, a little spare 2x4, 2 jacks, 6 jack stands, pressure washer, 5 gallon gas can for lawn equipment, 2.5 gallon 2 stroke fuel can, camping gear, kiddie pool, and a pretty large rolling shop vac... :thinking: I'm not really sure HOW it fits; but it does :eek:

Do you just crawl out of the top of the Jeep and across the hood to get out? :shock:

Maybe if you give Steel that stock Rubi shocks and springs it'll be a little less crowded in your garage! ;) LOL!! Just kidding.

My garage is the most important room in my house for me. I have to keep it clean at all times!

Last edited:
Maybe if you give Steel that stock Rubi shocks and springs it'll be a little less crowded in your garage! ;) LOL!! Just kidding.

My garage is the most important room in my house for me. I have to keep it clean at all times!

IIRC, I do remember telling you to shoot me a PM if you where interested.... :bleh:

... I forgot about the mountain bike, I have my mountain bike in there also... :crazyeyes:

IIRC, I do remember telling you to shoot me a PM if you where interested.... :bleh:

... I forgot about the mountain bike, I have my mountain bike in there also... :crazyeyes:

If somebody would buy my stupid factory soft top then I could have my workbench back. I think that's what is bothering me the most, trying to get to my tools around it is a PITA

If somebody would buy my stupid factory soft top then I could have my workbench back. I think that's what is bothering me the most, trying to get to my tools around it is a PITA

I keep my soft top in the guest room :thumb: Windows are also hung up nice and neat in the closet...

Heading out on our anniversary trip today and the best way to celebrate one year of marriage is to take Steel along for the fun!

Stay tuned for pics!

Top Bottom