Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Seeing the price tag on Craigslist is what helps talk me out of it :crazyeyes:

When I picked it up, I was still sure I would be getting a hard top at some point. After running it for a while, hard top moved way down my list. Even my wife, who loves her super cushy, super quiet Caddy (and was not a fan of road noise in the JK with the factory top) is now willing to take the Jeep on road trips.

But that's what makes Jeeps so awesome, everybody's needs/wants are different and we can piece it all together to fit our style!

Was that a Freudian slip? :crazyeyes:

Hahaha! I can.. But for the sake of my wife's sanity and my pocket book, I'll choose to hold off for as long as I can :)

Well I just really hate my soft top widows lol, they scratch easily and they get hazy. Also I like the way the interior feels with one (I'm not sure why but it just feels nicer) and being able to lift up the glass to get in the back would be nice.

Well I just really hate my soft top widows lol, they scratch easily and they get hazy. Also I like the way the interior feels with one (I'm not sure why but it just feels nicer) and being able to lift up the glass to get in the back would be nice.

I have nothing against Hardtops, as I've said before it's really what you prefer. But with their benefits come drawbacks. They are difficult to remove and I don't like having to worry about damaging the Windows or the fiberglass on the trail. The fiberglass scratches easy.

Bestop uses what seems to be a higher quality window that seems to hold up better than the factory Windows.

It's up to you what you prefer, apples to oranges really!

:bleh:

You gonna be in Houston tomorrow still?

No, I was planning on coming to sell the hardtop but someone came out and picked it up on Sunday.

I have nothing against Hardtops, as I've said before it's really what you prefer. But with their benefits come drawbacks. They are difficult to remove and I don't like having to worry about damaging the Windows or the fiberglass on the trail. The fiberglass scratches easy.

Bestop uses what seems to be a higher quality window that seems to hold up better than the factory Windows.

Yeah I was thinking about replacing my windows for bestop tinted ones if I don't end up finding someone who wants to trade tops nearby.

No, I was planning on coming to sell the hardtop but someone came out and picked it up on Sunday.

fine, I'll go drink beer without you :beer::bleh:

Looks like I'll be doing a few installs tomorrow since I finally have a day off :)

Nice! Please don't forget to post pics. I know how you hate to do that! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Side question...do Bestop windows fit in the factory soft tops??? Just curious should I need to replace mine in the future.

Nice! Please don't forget to post pics. I know how you hate to do that! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Side question...do Bestop windows fit in the factory soft tops??? Just curious should I need to replace mine in the future.

I'll try and remember my camera!

And yes I believe they do. Bestop makes the factory Mopar soft tops!

What made you choose the trucklites over the JWs? Ive been looking at them both, but there are things I like/dislike about both of them.

Mostly because I've used the truck lites before and I've always loved them. This is just my opinion, but for me the JW Speaker headlights are a little too out of this world, and a little too tuner/jdm style lights for my tastes. I've never been huge fans of the projectors.

The Truck-Lites attract attention but in a more subtle way. They don't look too much different than a stock Jeep headlight but at the same time, they completely change the face of the wrangler.

Top Bottom