Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

To celebrate our first anniversary, I surprised Ashten(my wife) with a trip to Dallas. During this trip we'd do some shopping, relax, and have dinner five hundred and sixty feet up in the top of reunion tower. We decided to make the trek in Steel and explore a little history while we were there, and decided to bring you guys along with this photo essay. I hope you enjoy!
Packing up Steel getting ready to head out!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460319350.604299.jpg
Averaging 18.3.. Not bad for major wind!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460319557.718594.jpg
Arriving in Mesquite for a little shopping!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460319685.115980.jpg
As we got closer and closer to Dallas, the weather rolled in. The rain was coming down hard and gave me a great chance to finally use my Truck-Lite LEDs. This would mark my first time using them since installing them last Wednesday!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460319852.430670.jpg
Finally arriving at our destination! The beautiful Reunion Tower!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460319934.774069.jpg
Checking into the large hotel, Steel stood out amongst all the Ferrari's and Bentleys. The valet sure did love picking it up!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320035.908479.jpg
This hotel is huge!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320064.622177.jpg
Eating dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Five Sixty, the food was out of this world!.. Or out of the sea?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320157.020352.jpg
After eating, we were able to go down to the observation deck. Inside they had large interactive screens that allowed you to view the history of the tower and surrounding areas.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320222.986709.jpg
Outside you are able to see spectacular views of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320296.123591.jpg
I love this photo because you can see the Dealey Plaza, and the Texas School Book Depository. This is where the assassination of JFK took place so many years ago.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320325.390371.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320476.379011.jpg
The reason for all this and celebrating one year, myself and my beautiful wife.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320625.706348.jpg
Sunday, 4/10/16
Picking up Steel from Valet, missing her all too much!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320738.596976.jpg
Finally getting some time to explore Dallas!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320789.620354.jpg
The "Old Red" Courthouse
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320885.401680.jpg
The historic Hotel Lawrence
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460320955.303338.jpg
The highlight of our exploration - getting a chance to see the Texas School Book Depository. This building(behind Steel) is where Lee Harvey Oswald fired three shots at the presidential motorcade and killed President John F Kennedy in November of 1963. You can still see the window where Oswald took the shots from. Unfortunately due to traffic, I was not able to get any pictures of the window.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460321263.273726.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460321284.033508.jpg
Time to head back, but first one final gas stop.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460321354.920226.jpg

Finally making it back home and unpacking Steel. Hopefully getting a wash for some good weather coming up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460321701.494050.jpg
I hope you enjoyed tagging along on our little trip, it is always more fun in a Jeep :)

Excellent pictures! My fiancé and I just finished watching that 11.22.63 show on Netflix. Cool to see the actual JFK assassination spot. Looked like it was a fun time!

Thanks for Sharing your Anniversary Trip. You two make a nice looking couple. Congrats on the first year and a Wish for many more to come!

Nice pictures! Congratulations to your wife and you! Being married for 21 years my only advice is common - Happy Wife, Happy Life! Thanks for sharing!

You won't be disappointed :) we are heading back today so I can sift through them and post the good ones! LoL!

You did not disappoint. Happy anniversary! Looks like you guys had a good time.

If you haven't already done it, there's a JFK museum inside the book depository. Pretty cool, and you can look out the window from where the shots were.

I'm pretty stoked about the Barnwell run, mostly so you can snap dinner good pics of my Jeep lol.

Glad you had a great time, awesome pictures!

Thank you!

Great pics!

Thanks!!

Excellent pictures! My fiancé and I just finished watching that 11.22.63 show on Netflix. Cool to see the actual JFK assassination spot. Looked like it was a fun time!

It was very cool to see it in person, and be able to walk where it all happened!

Thanks for Sharing your Anniversary Trip. You two make a nice looking couple. Congrats on the first year and a Wish for many more to come!

Thank you!!

Nice pictures! Congratulations to your wife and you! Being married for 21 years my only advice is common - Happy Wife, Happy Life! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations! 21 years is definitely a strong milestone. Thank you!

You did not disappoint. Happy anniversary! Looks like you guys had a good time.

If you haven't already done it, there's a JFK museum inside the book depository. Pretty cool, and you can look out the window from where the shots were.

I'm pretty stoked about the Barnwell run, mostly so you can snap dinner good pics of my Jeep lol.

The museum is awesome, very cool!! And thank you.

And yes, I'll be snapping pictures like no ones business at the event so you'll have plenty!

Congrats! My wife and I will be celebrating our 1-year in June in which we will be heading to Seaside, CA to visit the inlaws and then SoCal. Off Road Evolution may or may not be on our list of stops.... :clap2:

Liking the new top?

Congrats! My wife and I will be celebrating our 1-year in June in which we will be heading to Seaside, CA to visit the inlaws and then SoCal. Off Road Evolution may or may not be on our list of stops.... :clap2:

Liking the new top?

Congratulations to you guys as well, I certainly know it's definitely in order after the first year. Sounds like a great trip! If it weren't for our awful schedules, we might have been able to go somewhere for a little bit longer. This will have to do for now!

And I'm loving it! The looks, the functionality, everything. I'm waiting on the weather to clear up so I can pull the rear windows. That's how I plan to run it 90% of the time since the weather this year is so good in Texas.

Coming into work this morning in some nasty rain, it was a welcome sight to get to use some of the best headlights on the market :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460378616.124957.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460378626.449657.jpg

They still need a few small adjustments.

Congratulations to you guys as well, I certainly know it's definitely in order after the first year. Sounds like a great trip! If it weren't for our awful schedules, we might have been able to go somewhere for a little bit longer. This will have to do for now!

And I'm loving it! The looks, the functionality, everything. I'm waiting on the weather to clear up so I can pull the rear windows. That's how I plan to run it 90% of the time since the weather this year is so good in Texas.

Thanks! I travel a lot for work so I just rack up the flyer miles and then choose a destination - Cali it is!

Awesome man! glad you guys had a good weekend! Happy LATE anniversary! and thanks for sharing the pics/story! Beautiful

Top Bottom