Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Time to get started! One last shot of these stocker headlights.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984071.127263.jpg
Headlights out, Truck-Lites going in :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984129.190639.jpg
After putting in the anti flicker harnesses, applying dielectric grease, and hooking everything up and tightening everything up, it was time to do some preliminary adjusting.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984285.033090.jpg
Before throwing the grill back on, I decided to use this time to remove some unwanted springtime guests(bugs). After putting the grill back in and hooking everything up, Steel now has a new face :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984389.610016.jpg

I love how just a set of Truck-Lite's changes the entire front end of the Jeep. If I could only ever do one mod to the Jeep, it would be these Truck-Lites. Must have. Now for the fun part...

Cooking up some Windows!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984513.331817.jpg
Looking to be about half way there, thankful for the Texas sun to help out an already difficult install
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984620.804619.jpg
After a longer than expected install due to numerous refreshment breaks ;) we are all finished up and I'm loving Steel's new look!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984821.592976.jpg
Gassing up to test out Steel's new look
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984912.652401.jpg
Looking good :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984963.327537.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459984985.253330.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459985005.964704.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459985057.224760.jpg

All in all, everything went to be expected. The quality of the Trek Top NX is superior. Road noise is to be expected with a soft top.

Now I just can't wait for darkness to test out these Truck-Lites. :)

Well, it's all over now. EVO leveling kit, c-gussets, wheels/tires and chopping a few fenders are right around the corner! LOL 🙃

Looks good! [emoji106]

Trek top sure does make a big difference! Looks good napalm! I'm glad you got the truck lites as well

Lookin good.

Thank you :)

Well, it's all over now. EVO leveling kit, c-gussets, wheels/tires and chopping a few fenders are right around the corner! LOL 

Looks good! [emoji106]

I know, right? Things are starting to look familiar. ;)

Looks Great!!

Thank you! I'm digging it!

Completely new look, looking good!

Thank you! That's what I was thinking too!

Nice man! Looks really good. And everyone is right, your picture quality is the bomb.

Thank you! I try to make the best of my photographs so that everyone enjoys the experience just as much as I do. :)

Trek top sure does make a big difference! Looks good napalm! I'm glad you got the truck lites as well

Thanks Steve! After my numerous top changes with Onyx, my wife and I both knew that the Trek Top was the way we wanted to go. And the Truck Lites were a must.

Looks good! Glad you have some trucklites, so I can check them out in gilmer in person. Now if i could just find someone with the JWs to compare... :thumb::cheesy:

Looks good! Glad you have some trucklites, so I can check them out in gilmer in person. Now if i could just find someone with the JWs to compare... :thumb::cheesy:

I'll be glad to show them off. Maybe someone will sign up with the JWs for our run. I've heard the JWs are much brighter but I still love the truck lites. Still leaps, bounds, strides, Miles, whatever amounts better than stock.

While subtle and small, the changes to Steel's appearance somehow make a huge difference. I'm loving it and now it feels like my own personal Jeep ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460041572.428063.jpg

I'll be glad to show them off. Maybe someone will sign up with the JWs for our run. I've heard the JWs are much brighter but I still love the truck lites. Still leaps, bounds, strides, Miles, whatever amounts better than stock.

I'm still running stock lights, around houston its no big deal, and I hardly notice the lack of light thanks to all the street lights, but when I'm out in the country, Its down right dangerous currently. Thank goodness I kept the fogs on the jeep... :grayno:

I'm pretty sure trucklites are in my future, but I would like to check them out in person first. :thumb: I dont like the JDM look of the JWs on a jeep, but then again, I do not like the "protruded" look of the trucklites either... drawbacks to both IMO

Top Bottom