My life with a Brick

Well this isn’t Jeep related but still thought I’d share. My business turns 50 tomorrow! I won’t plug the business because I’m not a sponsor but it’s just a small family business started by my folks and I’ve had it since 2000. We are throwing them a small party with our employees and some past and retired employees too. My dad likes coins so I got him a gold coin for his 50th anniversary
View attachment 284396
I’ll post jeep stuff next time, pics from Black Friday shopping.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, that's a hell of an accomplishment, congratulations! :beer: We just hit 30 years in August so I can really appreciate you having made 50! I'm second generation as well. Hope you have Gen III lined up!

That's awesome Mark, well done!!!

Wow, that's a hell of an accomplishment, congratulations! :beer: We just hit 30 years in August so I can really appreciate you having made 50! I'm second generation as well. Hope you have Gen III lined up!

Congrats on 50! That's a huge accomplishment.

Very nice is that 22k ?

Thanks guys, Gen 3 has no interest in the business so maybe I’ll work another 10 Years and sell it. I’ll be 62 then. That coin is 1 oz of gold but I don’t know if it’s 22k? I think it says $50 on the face of it. My dad loves gold coins but I know nothing about them

That coin is 1 oz of gold but I don’t know if it’s 22k? I think it says $50 on the face of it. My dad loves gold coins but I know nothing about them

If the coin cost about as much as a Zeon 10s, it is a standard Eagle 22k. Andy knows his shit :D

He sold it to me for the price of an ounce of gold plus 5% and no tax so like $1347 I think it was.
Wonder why no tax?

Not sure about the tax, but that's a pretty competitive price for a reputable coin shop. It sounds like a typical Eagle. He may include the tax and deal with it on his own.

Not sure about the tax, but that's a pretty competitive price for a reputable coin shop. It sounds like a typical Eagle. He may include the tax and deal with it on his own.

Seemed reasonable to me too. Got my wife a nice ring for our 5th anniversary while there, maybe he made me a deal

The Black Friday boxes showed up.
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
Mounted the switch to an existing stud by the battery
IMG_1502.JPG
Seems pretty bright
IMG_1503.JPG
Lights up the garage with just one of them, I think they would be good undercarriage lights.
Then I bought a mount to mount the 5# fire extinguisher I have, all the mounts seemed small for this size but I’ll try this one. It should keep it from rolling around one I mount it.
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG

Does your hood have a “heat pad”? Mine does and I’m not sure where to put the light

I’ve seen a lot of Jeeps with those heat pads removed, not sure if it hurts anything but I am keeping mine on until my Jeep starts to overheat and I have to put a louver in lol. Maybe cut a section out where the light would be?
Not sure where to mount it yet, the firefighter in me just had to get the bigger one!

I’ve came across these mounting racks a while back while searching for cool Jeep parts, they are a little pricey though. Maybe one day.
http://store-springtailsolutions-com.3dcartstores.com/Jeep-JK_c_21.html

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve seen a lot of Jeeps with those heat pads removed, not sure if it hurts anything but I am keeping mine on until my Jeep starts to overheat and I have to put a louver in lol. Maybe cut a section out where the light would be?

I’ve came across these mounting racks a while back while searching for cool Jeep parts, they are a little pricey though. Maybe one day.
http://store-springtailsolutions-com.3dcartstores.com/Jeep-JK_c_21.html

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We have those racks and mounts for gear in our Pierce ladder truck at the station, it’s good stuff. I read on the internet those blankets are supposed to smother an under hood fire so it must be true fact!

Does your hood have a “heat pad”? Mine does and I’m not sure where to put the light

It does, but it's torn up in a couple spots so I was considering removing it. Underneath there is a support structure that you can fish the wires through for a clean look. If I don't remove the pad, I'll probably just trim it around the lights and at the point where I fish the wires into the support.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom