Jk6 hellcat

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing it with the new tires on it. And yes a burn out video before you get new tires.

That is b e a utiful. I don't understand why they can't offer a f'ing v8 as an option anymore. Not like they don't fit, ftards

"Fit" and fit are two different things. Run that through federal crash test, the engine would be the cockpit. There is no crumple zone.

Awesome build, I second the 4 wheel weenie tire burnout suggestion. :)

"Fit" and fit are two different things. Run that through federal crash test, the engine would be the cockpit. There is no crumple zone.

I agree but wouldn't the v8 cj's do that too? I think the difference is back then we could decide for ourselves what we wanted now the government makes our decisions for us. Maybe not, I don't know, I'm not an engineer

Crumple zones were designed for those pansy ass cars that suck, because they took out every aspect of the vehicles strength by cutting every corner they could.
Point in fact put a car from the 40's or 50's through the same "crash test" they do with pos cars now. Yes, they'll both be wrecked, however the older car will be repairable while the new one is complete toast. And, passengers would still survive in the more sturdy built vehicle.

That's like saying a zippo is the same as a bic lighter. :)

Also agree with the wheelie tire burnout.

I agree but wouldn't the v8 cj's do that too? I think the difference is back then we could decide for ourselves what we wanted now the government makes our decisions for us. Maybe not, I don't know, I'm not an engineer

Nope, you are right on. Regs back then weren't nearly what they are now. Did they even have seat belts then?

Don't worry at current rate with fuel economy and green house gas regs everything is going to be a plug in or hybrid a decade from now.

Crumple zones were designed for those pansy ass cars that suck, because they took out every aspect of the vehicles strength by cutting every corner they could.
Point in fact put a car from the 40's or 50's through the same "crash test" they do with pos cars now. Yes, they'll both be wrecked, however the older car will be repairable while the new one is complete toast. And, passengers would still survive in the more sturdy built vehicle.

That's like saying a zippo is the same as a bic lighter. :)

Also agree with the wheelie tire burnout.

Actually its been done and not true. The modern cars do better.

Watch this
https://youtu.be/joMK1WZjP7g

That's 5 years old. New ones even better

Nope, you are right on. Regs back then weren't nearly what they are now. Did they even have seat belts then?

Don't worry at current rate with fuel economy and green house gas regs everything is going to be a plug in or hybrid a decade from now.

I don't remember seat belts in the bed of my dads pickup! Can't remember the last time I saw a kid doing that

I don't remember seat belts in the bed of my dads pickup! Can't remember the last time I saw a kid doing that

Seatbelts?!? Shit, we used lay down on the rear speaker tray hoping dad would have to slam on the brakes so we fly onto the back seat! Seatbelts back then were dads arm blocking you from flying forward. Safety, schmafety...

Anyways, we're all of track:

BURNOUT--BURNOUT--BURNOUT!

C'mon we triple dog dare ya! It didn't happen without video either! :cheesy:

Seatbelts?!? Shit, we used lay down on the rear speaker tray hoping dad would have to slam on the brakes so we fly onto the back seat! Seatbelts back then were dads arm blocking you from flying forward. Safety, schmafety...

Anyways, we're all of track:

BURNOUT--BURNOUT--BURNOUT!

C'mon we triple dog dare ya! It didn't happen without video either! :cheesy:

The good old days.

Ok you effin' bunch of juveniles...I told my bud to smoke the tires in a vid, since I won't be in WA for a week and the axles, tires & suspension will almost be finished by then...

to which he replied "are you serious? the time space continuum might implode on itself"...to which I replied, "yup, smoke em...and be prepared to tow it back to the shop when the drive line snaps"...

stay tuned...

Ok you effin' bunch of juveniles...I told my bud to smoke the tires in a vid, since I won't be in WA for a week and the axles, tires & suspension will almost be finished by then...

to which he replied "are you serious? the time space continuum might implode on itself"...to which I replied, "yup, smoke em...and be prepared to tow it back to the shop when the drive line snaps"...

stay tuned...

You're just as excited about the video as we are. :D

stay tuned...

Oh sweet Jesus yes.

Top Bottom