It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

I so need to add some bypasses:yup:

"Need"? Not really but, they would make a difference at high speeds :yup:

sorry to hear moby won't be ready, but at least you are a two rig household! it could be worse

It may still be worse. We tore off our passenger side rear upper control arm mount on Rubicat while we were in Tahoe. I managed to salvage what I could, weld it back together and weld it back onto the axle and, while it did hold for the rest of the month, an inspection yesterday showed signs of new cracking. It really just needs to be replaced. Also, an inspection on the other mount showed a new crack forming on it as well. I repaired it but, what I really need are new Dynatrac HD mounts to replace the wimpy factory ones. On top of that, I think the passenger side rear coil over is in need of being rebuilt. Of course, this is nothing to say about really wanting a regear to regain some lost HP or the fact that we'll be back up in Tahoe next week for a week. Needless to say, I don't think we'll have time to do any of this and, will most likely break another rear upper control arm mount on the JKX. :crazyeyes:

It may still be worse. We tore off our passenger side rear upper control arm mount on Rubicat while we were in Tahoe. I managed to salvage what I could, weld it back together and weld it back onto the axle and, while it did hold for the rest of the month, an inspection yesterday showed signs of new cracking. It really just needs to be replaced. Also, an inspection on the other mount showed a new crack forming on it as well. I repaired it but, what I really need are new Dynatrac HD mounts to replace the wimpy factory ones. On top of that, I think the passenger side rear coil over is in need of being rebuilt. Of course, this is nothing to say about really wanting a regear to regain some lost HP or the fact that we'll be back up in Tahoe next week for a week. Needless to say, I don't think we'll have time to do any of this and, will most likely break another rear upper control arm mount on the JKX. :crazyeyes:

Get a new welder. :bleh:

I've been hauling sack and bottoming out my airbumps like crazy already. I forgot how fun it can be. I dont really wanna set it up stiffer or any higher.I. Mel told me this day would come, we just didn't know how soon. Funny thing is I think I was talking to him about going to DTD up front and going to 2.5" with internal bypass out back (his suggestion) before they even finished the work. :cheesy:

I saw that post you made about the control arm mount. :grayno: thats too bad. That factory stuff just cant handle what you throw at it. And a coilover needs rebuilt? Ugh. well you guys will have resq1 watching your back if anything goes wrong, right? You know keep your head up and just enjoy the ride.

Any chance of beefing up the mount?

As mentioned, I have done what I could to rebuild, beef up and reinforce what's left but, it's just too weak. It really just needs to be replaced and with something beefier to begin with.

What GCM 2 said. If you can afford to build up your rig to run 40's, the terrain you've been playing on becomes that much easier and the doors to much tougher terrain becomes available to you. On something like the JKX, running 40's is the norm for a reason. Running 37's, we'll be at a disadvantage.

I didn't realize that most people at JKX were running 40's and DTD.

Now I feel like an :asshat:

I figured it was time for me to chime in on this build. As a individual that is obsessed with putting bigger and strong engines in various vehicles (currently working on a 489 stroker for my 2500 chevy that will dump out 576 hp and 592 ft lbs torque on 91 gas). I really like the idea of going with a 6.2 LS however keep in mind when you go to rebuild the engine (I assure you the day will come) consider putting a roller cam in it and bumping up the compression ratio, you will be able to keep it pump gas friendly and break the 500 hp mark as well as keeping your reliability up. I read in I think horsepower tv magazine that they were able to make that very engine pump out 640 hp and that is without superchargers or any other forced air induction systems!! you will have the drive train to handle it and like you said the computer is easy to program. Great job on the information on the build and detail of documentation! Hope to see more vids of Moby on the trails!!!! :rock:

Unfortunately, Moby's been put on hold so that we can work on Rubicat and get it ready for the JKX.

Unfortunately, Moby's been put on hold so that we can work on Rubicat and get it ready for the JKX.

That's a damn shame but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. I'm dying to see moby back in action I can't imagine how badly you are dying to get behind the wheel of moby again.

Sent from my JK

Top Bottom