It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Have you ever had an issue with the 5 lug setup or is this a precaution thing?

Yes, I have broken wheel studs. With V8 power, the odds of that happening will only be greater and so, going 8 lug is a precautionary thing.

Yes, I have broken wheel studs. With V8 power, the odds of that happening will only be greater and so, going 8 lug is a precautionary thing.

I read an interesting article in an off roading rag (my fav BTW) last month. It was titled "Moving the Fuse." The point of the article was, in attempting to bomb proof Moby the fuse gets moved to the weakest link in the drive train. It's where I kinda got the idea, on a stock JK at least, the u-joints are potentially the weakest link. I've since re-thought that. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where the fuse has been moved to on Moby or is Moby is now bomb proof?:crazyeyes:

I read an interesting article in an off roading rag (my fav BTW) last month. It was titled "Moving the Fuse." The point of the article was, in attempting to bomb proof Moby the fuse gets moved to the weakest link in the drive train. It's where I kinda got the idea, on a stock JK at least, the u-joints are potentially the weakest link. I've since re-thought that. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where the fuse has been moved to on Moby or is Moby is now bomb proof?:crazyeyes:

LOL!! Trust me, nothing is ever "bomb proof" - everything breaks. I just prefer to mitigate them as much as I can.

Stopped by Off Road Evolution yesterday to check on the progress of Moby. The rear Dynatrac ProRock 80 is installed! :thumb: Here are a few pics of it:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Top Bottom