It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Is Rubicat going to get a front axle upgrade before JKX I know your running the factory 44 front with gussets and you've said in the past that its bent. Are you going to try and make it last through JKX ?

I wish but, at the moment, what I really need is some rack time.

It really is and we're pretty bummed. Yes, it looks like we'll be taking Rubicat this year.

Damn that sucks Eddie. I was looking forward to seeing moby in person. Oh well next time I guess :)

Well it'll be fun to see rubicat hit some serious action!! Rubicat is still bolt on coilovers with evo bolt on long arms correct?
(And I'm sure the video for this years jkx won't come out till the end of the year, I'm so impatient!! Lol)

Yup, still just bolt on coil overs and evo long arms and running 37's. We'll be one of the smallest, least capable Jeeps going this year. :crazyeyes:

I'm sure rubicat will do fine. :beer:

Oh yeah, it'll do fine, just would have loved to test out Moby with his new motor.

Isnt rubicat getting a pro rock 60 rear upgrade soon? Is there a set of 40 inch mud grapplers to go along with that?

What im getting at here is do you plan to run 40's on Rubicat before you get a front PR60?

Not until Moby is done as we'll be taking his old rear 60.

Is Rubicat going to get a front axle upgrade before JKX I know your running the factory 44 front with gussets and you've said in the past that its bent. Are you going to try and make it last through JKX ?

Nope, don't even have one in the works yet. We'll just be taking Rubicat with factory front and rear 44's.

Damn that sucks Eddie. I was looking forward to seeing moby in person. Oh well next time I guess :)

Yeah, it really sucks as we were really hoping to take Moby out on this one. There is a remote chance that things can change but, with the Vegas to Reno race and preparation for the JKX going on, I don't think Off Road Evolution will have time for us.

Does the constant vibration stunt the flower's circadian rhythms? Cool use for a burned out 5-speed though.:thumb:

:cheesy:

Yes, very bummed. :Disappointed: :bummed: :badday" :tearsdrip:

I am disappointed to hear that for you and Eddie, I was looking forward to hearing all about the feel of that new motor after a few thousand miles maiden voyage!

Yup, still just bolt on coil overs and evo long arms and running 37's. We'll be one of the smallest, least capable Jeeps going this year. :crazyeyes:

Oh yeah, it'll do fine, just would have loved to test out Moby with his new motor.

You guys will still have a great time.:thumb:

Even bolt on they are still coilovers are they really that weak compared to a double throw down setup?

Is t the pro rock 80 done now?

Even bolt on they are still coilovers are they really that weak compared to a double throw down setup?

I don't think Eddie is saying its "weak" but rather not as capibily as Moby. Less wheel travel by a couple inches front and rear, 37's rather than 40's, D60's(soon to be an 80 rear) vs stock d44's, and the Hemi that I'm sure he's dying to get out and run.

I don't think Eddie is saying its "weak" but rather not as capibily as Moby. Less wheel travel by a couple inches front and rear, 37's rather than 40's, D60's(soon to be an 80 rear) vs stock d44's, and the LS that I'm sure he's dying to get out and run.

;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

I didn't mean weak, poor word choice. I know I don't understand 37's and 40's but is the difference really that much?

........ I know I don't understand 37's and 40's but is the difference really that much?

It does not seem like a 3" increase in tire size would make that much difference (really it is only 1.5", because you need to cut the diameter increase of 3" around the tire in half), but yes it really is indescribable how a whole new experience happens when you go up in tire size. The capability increase due to a tire size increase works at every tire diameter; pick any trail and run it with 33"s, then run the same trail with 35"s. It is a totally different trail with a larger tire, lines become easier to drive. Remember though, once you start getting above 35"s, you really do need to start addressing the strength of components between the tire and the tranfer case.

You guys will still have a great time.:thumb:

For sure. Most of what makes the JKX so much fun is the people you meet and the places you see. The wheeling is just a perk... for us anyway :yup:

It's not a matter of "weak" but rather, not as "capable". The bolt on coil overs and EVO long arms are the best suspension system you can get second only to the DTD. Having said that, there really is no comparison between the two. The DTD is really that much better. Of course, you pay the price for it too.

I don't think Eddie is saying its "weak" but rather not as capibily as Moby. Less wheel travel by a couple inches front and rear, 37's rather than 40's, D60's(soon to be an 80 rear) vs stock d44's, and the Hemi that I'm sure he's dying to get out and run.

What he said, we're just dying to test out Moby with all his new goodies. :yup:

I didn't mean weak, poor word choice. I know I don't understand 37's and 40's but is the difference really that much?

It does not seem like a 3" increase in tire size would make that much difference (really it is only 1.5", because you need to cut the diameter increase of 3" around the tire in half), but yes it really is indescribable how a whole new experience happens when you go up in tire size. The capability increase due to a tire size increase works at every tire diameter; pick any trail and run it with 33"s, then run the same trail with 35"s. It is a totally different trail with a larger tire, lines become easier to drive. Remember though, once you start getting above 35"s, you really do need to start addressing the strength of components between the tire and the tranfer case.

What GCM 2 said. If you can afford to build up your rig to run 40's, the terrain you've been playing on becomes that much easier and the doors to much tougher terrain becomes available to you. On something like the JKX, running 40's is the norm for a reason. Running 37's, we'll be at a disadvantage.

It's not a matter of "weak" but rather, not as "capable". The bolt on coil overs and EVO long arms are the best suspension system you can get second only to the DTD. Having said that, there really is no comparison between the two. The DTD is really that much better. Of course, you pay the price for it too.

I so need to add some bypasses:yup:

sorry to hear moby won't be ready, but at least you are a two rig household! it could be worse

Top Bottom