End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

I'll have my GoPro as well. Might just have to combine everyone's videos to make one. The only problem with the GoPro can be getting getting a good shot. We'll see though.

I just got the suction cup mount. Hoping that will fix the getting good shots problem. We will see. I struggle with the video editing. I'll attempt it but if theirs someone that's got it down. By all means.

I just got the suction cup mount. Hoping that will fix the getting good shots problem. We will see. I struggle with the video editing. I'll attempt it but if theirs someone that's got it down. By all means.

The suction cup mount is awesome I have gotten some pretty cool shots on the jeep with it before

I actually wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Since I won't have a Jeep for a little while, I'm going to need something to do with my time! Not to mention I've always wanted to give it a try.

I actually wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Since I won't have a Jeep for a little while, I'm going to need something to do with my time! Not to mention I've always wanted to give it a try.

Ill have my video camera as well. Afterwards we can figure out how to get you all of the footage.

Ill have my video camera as well. Afterwards we can figure out how to get you all of the footage.
The best way to share video that I know of is to have a Google Account and then you can upload it to the google drive and then share it to who ever and then it can be simply downloaded to the computer of who it is shared to.

EDIT: Its worth noting if you just have the free drive there is only 15gb of storage but that can be over looked if you have big files you can just upload it and then once the other person has the video you can delete that one from the drive and keep going that way. If anyone wants a example of my madness here I would be happy to share a random movie file so you can see how it works.

Last edited:
Hey hey everyone. Just came across this the other day and would like to through my name in as a strong probable. Be fun to meet a bunch of you all. Planning on camping and doing uwharrie end of June for the first time but have heard good things about it. I'll have to wait a while to see if the dates work but hope it does.

Hey hey everyone. Just came across this the other day and would like to through my name in as a strong probable. Be fun to meet a bunch of you all. Planning on camping and doing uwharrie end of June for the first time but have heard good things about it. I'll have to wait a while to see if the dates work but hope it does.

I have you down. Hopefully things will work out!

Put me down as a maybe. I can't predict that far out how my work schedule is going to be, but it would be awesome to make this run!

I aplogize for still not having routes planned out. Between work and a few bumps at home I just havent had the time to sit down a make one. Hopfully I can get it done this weekend.

I aplogize for still not having routes planned out. Between work and a few bumps at home I just havent had the time to sit down a make one. Hopfully I can get it done this weekend.

Bro, you've done more than enough already! I appreciated the work you guys have done to make this happen. This will be our first trip and we couldn't be more stoked!! Thanks and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey Mr.Ty, you don't need to apologize. Your offer to even plan out routes is really above and beyond. To that end, I want to thank you as well for taking on as much of this as you have. Between you and Thardy, you guys are making an idea come to life and everyone else will benefit from the work you guys are putting into this. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, but I will voice it again - thank you both for the effort.

No worries man. We have plenty of time! As the other have said, thanks again for helping out with this!

Brother we still got months to plan out the routes! And if it helps at all, what I have seen is that if you have a stock or close to stock Jeep, you should probably stay off any of the trails that start with a D, though with a good spotter amd slow approach, a newbie driver could take on most of the trails except for Daniel. But thats just my .02 man

I would love to do this but have a stock Rubicon Hard Rock and have never been off road before. Def a newbie and would hate to slow the others down - is there a place for someone like me?

I would love to do this but have a stock Rubicon Hard Rock and have never been off road before. Def a newbie and would hate to slow the others down - is there a place for someone like me?

This would be a perfect place for you. Since we have such a large group going we will have a newbie group that will start on the easy trails and progress to more difficult trails as the group gets more comfortable. I encourage you to join us. We all started somewhere!

Edit: Your profile says you're in Chicago, this run is in North Carolina. Maybe a little far for you but you are still welcome if you are up to the drive. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Bro, you've done more than enough already! I appreciated the work you guys have done to make this happen. This will be our first trip and we couldn't be more stoked!! Thanks and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey Mr.Ty, you don't need to apologize. Your offer to even plan out routes is really above and beyond. To that end, I want to thank you as well for taking on as much of this as you have. Between you and Thardy, you guys are making an idea come to life and everyone else will benefit from the work you guys are putting into this. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, but I will voice it again - thank you both for the effort.

No worries man. We have plenty of time! As the other have said, thanks again for helping out with this!

Brother we still got months to plan out the routes! And if it helps at all, what I have seen is that if you have a stock or close to stock Jeep, you should probably stay off any of the trails that start with a D, though with a good spotter amd slow approach, a newbie driver could take on most of the trails except for Daniel. But thats just my .02 man

Thank you for the kind words fellas. :thumbup::beer:

You guys can count me in if there is room. I've been wanting to get out to Uwharrie for quite some time now but never thought going alone was a good idea. We had been talking about staying in one of the cabins out there but I think camping/hotel with the group would be a good time. Honestly, I'm not too sure if my jeep will be quite up the challenge of all the Uwharrie trails. Any recommendations on certain requirements for both the jeep and recovery gear?

You guys can count me in if there is room. I've been wanting to get out to Uwharrie for quite some time now but never thought going alone was a good idea. We had been talking about staying in one of the cabins out there but I think camping/hotel with the group would be a good time. Honestly, I'm not too sure if my jeep will be quite up the challenge of all the Uwharrie trails. Any recommendations on certain requirements for both the jeep and recovery gear?

Hey man, the only thing I think you really need would be a recovery strap if you don't have a winch and maybe some body protection. If you don't have a strap don't worry, a bunch of us will have something that you could use if needed. And you can always go up to Uwharries trail head and just ask to tag along with a random group.

As jkwebbie stated, you shouldn't have any issues with this run. I've also added you to the list!

Also, I have updated the first post to reflect any requirements and suggestions for this ride to all those with questions or concerns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom