End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

If you or anyone else thats more local would like to take a smaller day, or one night weekend trip over the summer before this big trip I would be down. Im done with school on may 5th and barely work weekends so just let me know:thumb:

I definitely will be hitting you up when I go man! Its always nice to meet fellow wayalifers

Looks like it may be a big group from looking through the thread!

Yup! Looking like a good turn out. We'll probably end up breaking off into a few groups to ensure everyone has a great time. I'll continue to update the forts post with details as things get closer.

Yup! Looking like a good turn out. We'll probably end up breaking off into a few groups to ensure everyone has a great time. I'll continue to update the forts post with details as things get closer.

Awesome can't wait! I'll bring a go pro and try and get some cool videos of everyone

Put that sucker on the Jeep man! Lol
And what kind of lift is it?

Full Traction 3" premium lift. I've had it in my basement for months while my wife was pregnant. She could barely get in when it was at stock height. Now that she's not pregnant I just need to find the time for the install!

My wife and I are IN! Looking forward to learning a lot on this trip.
Thardy, we will be staying in a hotel as well. If you find out anything as far as prices, let me know so we can plan accordingly!!

Full Traction 3" premium lift. I've had it in my basement for months while my wife was pregnant. She could barely get in when it was at stock height. Now that she's not pregnant I just need to find the time for the install!

Haha I understand my man! Gotta keep the boss happy lol

I'm hoping that the weather is good that weekend, I'm really wanting to run with the top down and doors off

My wife and I are IN! Looking forward to learning a lot on this trip.
Thardy, we will be staying in a hotel as well. If you find out anything as far as prices, let me know so we can plan accordingly!!

Got you on the list. I'll let you all know as soon as possible.

I'm hoping that the weather is good that weekend, I'm really wanting to run with the top down and doors off

I hear ya! Fingers crossed that Mother Nature decides to be nice to us that weekend.

While I am currently working on routes for two to three groups I figured that I'd post up my suggested time line that I've developed so far.

Uwharrie-National-Forest-OHV-Trail-Map1.jpg

August 8th
7am - Meet at the Eldorado Outpost at 7am, buy OHV passes, shake hands, split into groups and air down.
(Since we are at 17 rigs, I suggest groups of 6 with one group being the newbie group)
8am- Head out to the trail heads (actual trail heads will be posted later)
1pm - Meet back up at Uwharrie Hunt Camp for lunch.
(This has a nice park area that those with kids can let run around and stretch their legs)
2pm - Head back out to do the second half of the day.
5pm - Meet back at Uharrie Hunt Camp and head out to do Daniel as a last hurrah.
(This will provide those of you that do not want to drive your Jeep over Daniel an opportunity to at least ride in someone else's and get some photos/videos. This also gives us three hours to do Daniel as Sunset is at 8:15pm that day)

Please post up if you have any concerns or questions on this time line. :thumb:

While I am currently working on routes for two to three groups I figured that I'd post up my suggested time line that I've developed so far.

View attachment 135096

August 8th
7am - Meet at the Eldorado Outpost at 7am, buy OHV passes, shake hands, split into groups and air down.
(Since we are at 17 rigs, I suggest groups of 6 with one group being the newbie group)
(This has a nice park area that those with kids can let run around and stretch their legs)
5pm - Meet back at Uharrie Hunt Camp and head out to do Daniel as a last hurrah.
(This will provide those of you that do not want to drive your Jeep over Daniel an opportunity to at least ride in someone else's and get some photos/videos. This also gives us three hours to do Daniel as Sunset is at 8:15pm that day)

Well done sir! Thanks again for your assistance with this!

View attachment 135096

August 8th

That sounds good to me man! I think I'm gonna try and run a trail or two on Friday and maybe Sunday too since I live so close

Could one of you locals remind me which trail has the really long and steep hill climb? For the life of me, I can't remember. :doh:

Could one of you locals remind me which trail has the really long and steep hill climb? For the life of me, I can't remember. :doh:

Ummm I'm thinking maybe Dickey Bell? I'm not 100% sure because its been awhile since I've been there

I'll prob up there over the summer before the trip so I can give input on how hard/easy different trails are. Il prob be camping up there that night for anyone that isn't wanting to go the hotel route

Ummm I'm thinking maybe Dickey Bell? I'm not 100% sure because its been awhile since I've been there

If it is on Dickey Bell, it isn't the wide hill climb that is the main obstical. This particular hill climb is about as wide as a JK and is so dug out that the walls are as high as a JK.

If it is on Dickey Bell, it isn't the wide hill climb that is the main obstical. This particular hill climb is about as wide as a JK and is so dug out that the walls are as high as a JK.

Pretty sure this is the beginning of it.
hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom