End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

I would love to do this but have a stock Rubicon Hard Rock and have never been off road before. Def a newbie and would hate to slow the others down - is there a place for someone like me?

Absolutely. Got to start somewhere and what better way to do it, than with the Wayalife family!?

This would be a perfect place for you. Since we have such a large group going we will have a newbie group that will start on the easy trails and progress to more difficult trails as the group gets more comfortable. I encourage you to join us. We all started somewhere!

Edit: Your profile says you're in Chicago, this run is in North Carolina. Maybe a little far for you but you are still welcome if you are up to the drive. :thumbup:

I'm actually moving to Durham, NC in June and hope to have many Uwharrie trips in the future!

Uwharrie is a great place to get started in offroading. It's actually more fun in a stock to miled built rig. Once to build your truck bigger the obstacles become less challenging . I've been going there for years and love the place. There is even good fishing and hunting. Hope to see you guys there.

Just signed up for an account and got invited to this in my "Intro/Wave" thread. Can you put me down as a maybe? I should definitely be able to make it the 8th and 9th, not sure about the 7th.

I'll be using the 7th as a travel day since my wife and I could only get a three day weekend. We should show up early that afternoon at the Days Inn. Two free hotel nights with points from my credit card consumption.

Totally stoked for that weekend! It's gonna be a great time.

IMG_4578.jpgHey guys. New to this forum but would love to get in on this event. Just got back from camping and riding the trails there yesterday and had a blast with my family. Sounds like a good time line as well. To answer one of the previous questions about the hill climb. I'm pretty sure it's dickey bell or slab pile. Can't remember which. Look forward to meeting yall.

Last edited:
Sweet! Don't forget to post some pics.

Well, our 5 month old wasn't feeling well so a road trip wasn't happening so I opted to change my diff covers instead. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428983361.834471.jpg

And my factory stickers were a bit worn so I freshened me up to match the colors I'm going to do my skids & bumper in.

Old
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428983473.635648.jpg

New
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428983513.253973.jpg

Just signed up for an account and got invited to this in my "Intro/Wave" thread. Can you put me down as a maybe? I should definitely be able to make it the 8th and 9th, not sure about the 7th.

I've got you on the list. Don't worry too much about the 7th. The only actual organized wheeling day will be the 8th. I'm sure there will be some on the 7th and 9th as well, but less formal.

Hey guys. New to this forum but would love to get in on this event. Just got back from camping and riding the trails there yesterday and had a blast with my family. Sounds like a good time line as well. To answer one of the previous questions about the hill climb. I'm pretty sure it's dickey bell or slab pile. Can't remember which. Look forward to meeting yall.

Welcome to the Wayalife family. We would be happy to have you join us. Which list would you like me to put you on?

This rig list is out of control Trevor...lmao. gonna be epic for sure. Shouldve gotten some sponsors. My son is convinced were going on the jkx anyway. This morning he asked if he could help me finish the rock skins because we keep getting "jk experience boxes" in the mail. Lol

This rig list is out of control Trevor...lmao. gonna be epic for sure. Shouldve gotten some sponsors. My son is convinced were going on the jkx anyway. This morning he asked if he could help me finish the rock skins because we keep getting "jk experience boxes" in the mail. Lol

Now THAT is good parenting! That kid is awesome!

Haha he's going to be in heaven when he sees all the Jeeps

I guess tentative, but we're only an hour from uwharrie so I hope to be there.

Count me and the Mrs in!! Ill have to try to get the days off but can definitely be there the 8th at least!

I've added you both to the list and am looking forward to meeting you all.

Yeah, the list is definitely a big one! It has completely exceeded all of my expectations. Really glad that we're getting the East Coast together like this.

Top Bottom