End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

So, Easy Group guys/gals, with the size of this group being what it is so far, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have someone else in the group to help out. I am volunteering myself to do this since I really enjoy helping people new to this. That being said, would anyone have a free seat for me to ride along for Saturday?

If I end up riding the easy group with my friend feel free to ride with me also. That's if you want to squeeze in a two door..

So, Easy Group guys/gals, with the size of this group being what it is so far, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have someone else in the group to help out. I am volunteering myself to do this since I really enjoy helping people new to this. That being said, would anyone have a free seat for me to ride along for Saturday?
I'm trying to arrange my schedule so I can go Saturday, if I can swing that I'll help with the easy group

Thanks for the help. I'm sure there will be some things I may overlook, and it will be nice to have someone else's input.

Not a problem at all. That was kind of what I was thinking too. I'd also like to be able to get the group through some moderate trails for those that are comfortable with it and it would allow me to help spot people through.

If I end up riding the easy group with my friend feel free to ride with me also. That's if you want to squeeze in a two door..

Cool thanks man. I'll probably end up bouncing around to ensure everyone is getting comfortable with things. May be even try some more difficult stuff as people build confidence.

I'm trying to arrange my schedule so I can go Saturday, if I can swing that I'll help with the easy group

If you can work it out, I'd probably stick you in the Medium group of you're ok with that. It would give that group another person that's familiar with the trails.

You can ride with me. I'm new... Ha 13 JKU

You can ride with me. I'm new... Ha 13 JKU

Awesome! I've got plenty of options! Thanks.

As previously stated, since I won't be driving my own rig, I will probably look at moving around and helping out whoever needs it. Really want all the new folks to the world of wheeling to have a great learning experience.

You can always ride with me! You're also more than welcome to take my jeep down a few trails. Don't want you to leave without wheeling at all!

I volunteer my services to help out with the group anything I need to do I will do

Awesome! I've got plenty of options! Thanks.

As previously stated, since I won't be driving my own rig, I will probably look at moving around and helping out whoever needs it. Really want all the new folks to the world of wheeling to have a great learning experience.

X2 on that

So what's the weather like this time of year? Wife and I are contemplating camping or hotel... What's the weather like up there? We love camping, but if it's going to be hot and wet we will hotel it...

So what's the weather like this time of year? Wife and I are contemplating camping or hotel... What's the weather like up there? We love camping, but if it's going to be hot and wet we will hotel it...

Im sure it will be hot. But idk how the rain works up there.

Uwharrie is in an area that tends to get heat thunderstorms... if there is a chance of afternoon storms it will happen in or around uwharrie.

Average temps shoudl be in the high 80s low 90s but it is the south east and could be 100 or could be 65. The ground at Uwharrie doesnt perk at all. water that falls sits in low spots and runs off any high spots. It can be bone dry in a matter of hours after a good soaking rain.

If it is wet it could make every trail there much much more difficult. I have been denied on hills that I normally dont notice are hills before after a good soaking rain getting the ground good and slick. If its dry You have all the traction you can imagine. No way to tell until you hit the trail what you get.

I also expect some of you guys to make yourself at home around my campfire thursday friday or saturday night... Cooler will be old and the fire will be hot.

We are under 2 weeks away from this trip and I couldn't be more pumped! I finally washed the jeep. First time since jeep beach😂

For those camping, are most camping at Badin lake? Now that I know the wife can't go, my son and I are looking at getting a campsite.

Awesome, I will get you guys added to the Medium group. Do you need hotel info?

I'd prefer to stay in the hotel, but my son (17) prefers to camp on the trail as he's done before. We might just grab a campsite and I'll try sleeping in the truck. :doh:

Ok . I will check tomorrow and see if they have any sites left.

Gonna be a hot one but this is what my son wants so I will give him a good dose of hot weather outside living. :)

Top Bottom