End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

I think i'm in...

so i have been iching to attend this and I think i have decided to chat with the wifey tonight...

not sure if this questions has already been asked, but how easy will the "easy" trails be vs the "medium"? i think the only mod i will have will be an RK leveling kit... i do not want to take on more than i can handle, but then i do not want to easy either...

Donnie

so i have been iching to attend this and I think i have decided to chat with the wifey tonight...

not sure if this questions has already been asked, but how easy will the "easy" trails be vs the "medium"? i think the only mod i will have will be an RK leveling kit... i do not want to take on more than i can handle, but then i do not want to easy either...

Donnie

The groups are really more of an indication of your skill level. The easy group is more of a beginner group. They will be taking some time to go over the basics, like how to operate your transfer case, disconnecting, etc. Or if you do have some experience and are looking to help some of the newer guys and have a lower key say, then go the Easy route. A JK with a leveling kit and decent tires should have no issue in the Medium group if you have some experience off-road.

Is it bad that I'm so excited about this trip that I'm already working on plans for next year's End of Summer run?

Donnie

Im sure you'll be fine. Besides, you should've gained tons of experience from our last outing from me lol.

The groups are really more of an indication of your skill level. The easy group is more of a beginner group. They will be taking some time to go over the basics, like how to operate your transfer case, disconnecting, etc. Or if you do have some experience and are looking to help some of the newer guys and have a lower key say, then go the Easy route. A JK with a leveling kit and decent tires should have no issue in the Medium group if you have some experience off-road.

as of right now the tires are just the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain's on the 17" Willy wheels that came with it... unless i get a wild hair and nab some new treads thats what i'll be running...

as of right now the tires are just the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain's on the 17" Willy wheels that came with it... unless i get a wild hair and nab some new treads thats what i'll be running...

You'll be fine in the medium as long as you're comfortable with it. It's really up to you.

Is it bad that I'm so excited about this trip that I'm already working on plans for next year's End of Summer run?

Just throwing it out there. A beach trip next to an off-road park would be epic. I don't know if something like that exists though.

Just throwing it out there. A beach trip next to an off-road park would be epic. I don't know if something like that exists though.

Not a bad idea but I've already got some plans and ideas going! :yup:

Edited: I do want to eventually do an overlanding type trip in the Outer Banks, but I won't plan something like that until I have another rig.

Last edited:
Im sure you'll be fine. Besides, you should've gained tons of experience from our last outing from me lol.

yeah - to avoid ujoint killing & shaft bending flex opportunities... ;) i still can't believe how deep that rut actually was...

I am excited about this as well, been thinking about it over the past few weeks... will know for sure tonight...

Donnie

You got anything lined up for a rig yet?
Unless something changes, it's looking like it'll be about 2 years before I can do something. But that will put me in a place to do what I want. Problem is figuring out what I want. I constantly go back and forth between a JKUR or going full build on either an XJ or WJ.

Unless something changes, it's looking like it'll be about 2 years before I can do something. But that will put me in a place to do what I want. Problem is figuring out what I want. I constantly go back and forth between a JKUR or going full build on either an XJ or WJ.

Don't rush at it take ya time and it'll all be worth it

So it's on!!! And still undecided on the group, leaning towards Medium though... I mean what's the worst that could happen... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I will have to go through the threads and see what I may have missed as far as info goes... but was there anything required besides the permit?

- Donnie

Top Bottom