End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

Posted this in another thread but there's a decent chance I will make it to this run. Dynatrac said the axles will arrive first week of August so it all depends on what time they arrive in the week and how much help I have getting them on the jeep!

That would be awesome if you can make it happen!

Hey thardy it doesn't look like I will be able to make it. As of now we are going underway that week. Hope you all have a good time! Hope I can make the next one

Damn, that sucks! We'll get a trip together sometime soon.

15ft... 2500lbs dry 3200lbs loaded. Its all I will tow with mine. Im running 35's with 4.56 gears and it wont maintain speed on uphill grades on the highway. Its more of a wind load problem than weight.

That's what I was afraid of. I like the full hard side vs the pop up but the pop ups don't have so much drag.

At least I see another option. Thanks for the info.

How far are you from Gulches? Come down on Sunday and let's put that thing through its paces! :thumb:

Edited: Just looked it up. Looks like around 5 hours or so.

I wish I could bro but I am a good 6 hour drive from Kinston NC

Yea but hey it's all good I'll see yall at uwharrie though

Hey Thardy,

Can you get my friend on the list, can you list him as my guest? He isn't a member but wants to come along on the trip.

Is there any chance that someone could bring a SWR meter to calibrate my cb, if anyone has one? Also, is calibrating the cb something that needs to be done from time to time, or just once?

Is there any chance that someone could bring a SWR meter to calibrate my cb, if anyone has one? Also, is calibrating the cb something that needs to be done from time to time, or just once?

Pretty sure it's just once as long as nothing changes. We plan on having one available Friday at the meet and greet.

Pretty sure it's just once as long as nothing changes. We plan on having one available Friday at the meet and greet.

Great, and thanks. Just trying to get everything in order. Other than this, I think we're pretty much set and ready to rock n' roll!

I have my meter in my jeep. You are welcome to use it.

I can bring mine as well. However id be lying if I said knew exactly what I was doing with it.

I have a meter and instructions. I talked to Trevor about having a tuning session. Will probably do it Friday night or Saturday morning. With groups this big, communications will be a huge headache reliever.

As far as I understand you only need to tune the antenna once, unless you change the mount or height of the antenna.

That's a great thing to calibrate every bodies CBs cuz communication is key I still need ta clean up the jeep a bit and check my fluids and I'll be golden

Top Bottom