End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

As much as it pains me to say this, it looks as if I am going to have to back out. I had a major setback with the progress, and its going to take quite a while possibly to correct everything that went wrong, plus financially it's put me in the hole. I'll send good vibes y'alls way though while y'all are up there, and if by some miraculous means I am able to get my Jeep running in time I'll try to make it, but at this point it is unlikely :grayno:

As much as it pains me to say this, it looks as if I am going to have to back out. I had a major setback with the progress, and its going to take quite a while possibly to correct everything that went wrong, plus financially it's put me in the hole. I'll send good vibes y'alls way though while y'all are up there, and if by some miraculous means I am able to get my Jeep running in time I'll try to make it, but at this point it is unlikely :grayno:

Sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to seeing your rig. What happened?

That sucks! Hopefully you'll be able to get her all back together without anymore hiccups.

Sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to seeing your rig. What happened?
Let me think where to begin lol.

Jeep related problems:

-the bore on my current wheels will not fit the bore of the lockable hubs on the front axle
-the brake backing plated wont fit because it was converted from a 8 lug axle to a 5 lug
-the spindles I was sent were the wrong spindles, which is currently getting resolved

Non Jeep related:
-hours at work are getting cut even though I'm a full time manager
-the company is over budget which means pay cuts for everyone
-there's talk of actually cutting two managers out (there's currently 6 at my current location), and seeing as I am the second most recent, I fear as I am one of them.

So basically I'm needing more money than I'm making right now lol.

Jeep related problems:

-the bore on my current wheels will not fit the bore of the lockable hubs on the front axle
-the brake backing plated wont fit because it was converted from a 8 lug axle to a 5 lug
-the spindles I was sent were the wrong spindles, which is currently getting resolved

Non Jeep related:
-there's talk of actually cutting two managers out (there's currently 6 at my current location), and seeing as I am the second most recent, I fear as I am one of them.

I'm sorry to here bout that I hope all turns out for the best

Jeep related problems:

Non Jeep related:

Sucks to hear man! But I definitely understand. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help buddy.

I'm reserved at site 33 upper loop at arrowhead campground. Ill be there thursday night late through sunday. Anyone arriving early feel free to stop by my camp and and relax.

I will probably do some hiking around the lake with the wife and dog friday morning and go spend most the afternoon hanging around the campground. I will probably leave the CB on channel 12 or 14 so if your riding near the campground just hit me on the radio.

Ill be in this.
11416157_10206408331862187_7752773015557812269_n.jpg

Sorry I havnt been on here in a little while. You can out me down for the hard group. Bidding next months schedule right now. Should have no prob getting the days off but will keep you posted. Can't wait!!

Sorry I havnt been on here in a little while. You can out me down for the hard group. Bidding next months schedule right now. Should have no prob getting the days off but will keep you posted. Can't wait!!

Gotcha down! See ya there!

I'd definitely be attending, but I will be wheeling in Ouray/Telluride/Silverton that weekend! ya'll have a good time!

Luke

Sorry you can't make it but I'm insanely jealous of the trip you'll be making!

i really enjoy Uwharrie... however, I've been planning to make this road trip to Ouray/Telluride for about 5 years now, and each year something has come up with work, or family stuff... This year we ARE going! I can't wait.. wish it would've been different dates so we could attend the URE run... but, we will catch ya'll next year! Dreading the 26hr drive.. but it'll be well worth it!

Have fun!

Luke

I'm reserved at site 33 upper loop at arrowhead campground. Ill be there thursday night late through sunday. Anyone arriving early feel free to stop by my camp and and relax.

I will probably do some hiking around the lake with the wife and dog friday morning and go spend most the afternoon hanging around the campground. I will probably leave the CB on channel 12 or 14 so if your riding near the campground just hit me on the radio.

Ill be in this.
View attachment 153406

What size is your camper? We have been wondering what we could pull with our JK. Was thinking a pop up was the only option.

What size is your camper? We have been wondering what we could pull with our JK. Was thinking a pop up was the only option.

15ft... 2500lbs dry 3200lbs loaded. Its all I will tow with mine. Im running 35's with 4.56 gears and it wont maintain speed on uphill grades on the highway. Its more of a wind load problem than weight.

Posted this in another thread but there's a decent chance I will make it to this run. Dynatrac said the axles will arrive first week of August so it all depends on what time they arrive in the week and how much help I have getting them on the jeep!

Hey thardy it doesn't look like I will be able to make it. As of now we are going underway that week. Hope you all have a good time! Hope I can make the next one

Top Bottom