End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

I only live a couple of hours away, I think I maybe at my parents beach house with the kids still but if not I will come for the day saturday (tentative) and would want to be in the hard group. Thanks!

Got a couple of delays with the Jeep progress today. Got some wrong parts sent to me by mistake and now it's gonna take about a week to get that straightened out. I'm just praying and hoping I'm able to get it together and broken in for this ride.

Got a couple of delays with the Jeep progress today. Got some wrong parts sent to me by mistake and now it's gonna take about a week to get that straightened out. I'm just praying and hoping I'm able to get it together and broken in for this ride.

That sucks man. At least you caught it though. Hopefully you can get it all together, I wanted to see that thing in action.

I only live a couple of hours away, I think I maybe at my parents beach house with the kids still but if not I will come for the day saturday (tentative) and would want to be in the hard group. Thanks!

Welcome to Wayalife! I'll get you on the list. Stop by the Give us a Wave section and tell us a little more about yourself and rig! Looks like you've got quite the build.

That sucks man. Hope you get things sorted out! Let me know if I can help with anything.

It would be sweet if you can make it. You should stop by the Give us a Wave section and post up about you and your rig.

EDIT: looks like me and thardy posted that at the same time.

Last edited:
That sucks man. At least you caught it though. Hopefully you can get it all together, I wanted to see that thing in action.

It SHOULD be ready within two weeks before the trip. Hopefully that will give me time to drive the 500 mile break in period for the gears, change the diff fluid, and do a shakedown run to make sure that everything is working as it should. Last thing I wanna do is get out of state and have something go majorly wrong :eek:
Welcome to Wayalife! I'll get you on the list. Stop by the Give us a Wave section and tell us a little more about yourself and rig! Looks like you've got quite the build.

That sucks man. Hope you get things sorted out! Let me know if I can help with anything.
Thanks buddy! The company is being SUPER easy to work with, even covering the cost to send the stuff back and get the new ones out, so it should be sorted out soon

Are there any Ham radio operators with mobile 2 meter radios making this trip? I recently installed both a Ham 2 meter rig and a CB. Ready to go.....

Hopefully all of us can put out enough good vibes to keep the rain away!

It needs to rain hard thursday night and maybe friday night and maybe saturday night too.... the dust at Uwharrie is attrocious when its bone dry and it only takes a day and its bone dry again.

It needs to rain hard thursday night and maybe friday night and maybe saturday night too.... the dust at Uwharrie is attrocious when its bone dry and it only takes a day and its bone dry again.

I'd rather deal with dust than mud, but that's just me.

I'd rather deal with dust than mud, but that's just me.

Thats what you dont understand the ground there doesnt absorb water so it dries out in hours even after torrential rains. been down there less than 12 hours after a week of rain and by lunch the ground was dry everywhere. The dust is attrocious on the service roads. It will be a great trip no matter the weather.

Top Bottom