End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

Look forward to the weekend...I posted a few pics on the 'Wave' section...happy to answer any questions about the Jeepster.

The other advantage is that you can have alcohol at that kind of camp site. Alcohol is not allowed at the normal campsites like Badin lake.

That is incorrect... alchohol is prohibited anywhere in the national forrest. Not to say it doesnt happen all the time but alchohol is prohibited and you can be ticked or fined for possession of it. Campgrounds are actually policed less than the dispersed guys because the campgrounds have everyone all together and self polices for the most part.

Friday Trail Run Group

I'm coming out on Friday morning with one buddy and we'll plan to meet at the Outpost around 9am. Anyone wanting to join, let me know and we'll wait up for you. If you get in later on Friday, but still want to come out, can hit me up on CB channel 9.

I'm coming out on Friday morning with one buddy and we'll plan to meet at the Outpost around 9am. Anyone wanting to join, let me know and we'll wait up for you. If you get in later on Friday, but still want to come out, can hit me up on CB channel 9.

Sounds good. Are you going to be joining us on Saturday?

What time do you plan on leaving the trails?

End of summer uwharrie run

Hey I got the green light from my boss to take that Saturday off! I will be attending in the easy group as this will be my first time offroading at uwharrie. I'm leaving from Raleigh NC on Friday after work around 5. If there is anyone from the area that wants to meet up and ride together message me. I'm going to be staying at lake Badin at the upper loop at spot 29 (as long as its still available when I get home). I hope some of you will be staying close to me as well that are familiar with the area.

Hey I got the green light from my boss to take that Saturday off! I will be attending in the easy group as this will be my first time offroading at uwharrie. I'm leaving from Raleigh NC on Friday after work around 5. If there is anyone from the area that wants to meet up and ride together message me. I'm going to be staying at lake Badin at the upper loop at spot 29 (as long as its still available when I get home). I hope some of you will be staying close to me as well that are familiar with the area.

I've got you on the list. Glad you were able to work it out! :thumb:

I will be in upper loop site 19 and there are a few others in the upper loop that'll be close

For those staying at the hotel, have you all called and reserved (not paying yet) your room per the instructions in the PM?

Just wanting to make sure everyone is under the "group" so that we can all get the best deal possible.

For those staying at the hotel, have you all called and reserved (not paying yet) your room per the instructions in the PM?

Just wanting to make sure everyone is under the "group" so that we can all get the best deal possible.

I won't be listed under the group block but I'm staying there.

Last edited:

Did the deed when I got your original PM.

just re-confirmed today with Nick. He still had me set up with the group and even remembered I was bringing my dog!

Also gave my CC info to "lock in" a room. I don't think it would hurt to start doing that at this point if you're certain you'll be going.

Just my $0.02, for what it's worth.

just re-confirmed today with Nick. He still had me set up with the group and even remembered I was bringing my dog!

Also gave my CC info to "lock in" a room. I don't think it would hurt to start doing that at this point if you're certain you'll be going.

Yeah, he suggested next week when I talked to him today. I was just surprised when he said only 9 people had reserved under the "group".

Also make sure the hotel can take a deposit on the card you have on file. Normally it's the total for 1 night. It's to secure a late arrival for anyone checking in after the cancellation time.

If they can't take a deposit, that guaranteed reservation isn't so much guaranteed anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom