End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

croge17 will also be camping, but he will be at Arrowhead Campgrounds. Posting info up on the first post in case Badin Lake gets full or just as another option as well.

I believe there's about 4 folks (TwistedJK, georgi.photo, etc.) that have reserved campsites at Badin Lake.

Me and my buddy are camping too

croge17 will also be camping, but he will be at Arrowhead Campgrounds. Posting info up on the first post in case Badin Lake gets full or just as another option as well.

10-4 thanks for the info we will see yall up there

EVERYONE - I just made some changes to the first post to include an itinerary for the weekend, as well as the trails that each group will be running. Please take a look when you have a chance and let me know if there are any questions. Looking forward to it folks! :wings:

I'm assuming the permits can be picked up a day in advance (Friday), correct?

You can pick the permits up early or the day of. You just have to have them before you hit the trail. Last time I was there we bought them 10 minutes before we got to the trail

Just out of curiosity who all is camping we may just camp out

I will be camping along the trail. "Dispersed" camping along the trails is authorized as long as there is no sign saying you can't. There are some good spots complete with rock fire pits. No water or electricity of course. One advantage is that you are free to run the trails all night. I think the campgrounds shut down at 10pm. One disadvantage is people running the trails all night long....

Please count me in...

I would be the son. Please add me for the medium run. I will also be there Thursday through Sunday.

I just picked up a Morris Mule trailer...so I will be camping on the trail.

Also, as the Jeepster is almost 50...my 'secondary mechanic/recovery team' will be tagging along throughout the day(at least within radio range)...he will be in an FJ...but it does have a nice winch.

I've got you down on the easy list. Let me know what your son decides and I will get him added.

There will be more information of final plans coming soon to include Friday plans and timelines for Saturday. Keep an eye out.

I will be camping along the trail. "Dispersed" camping along the trails is authorized as long as there is no sign saying you can't. There are some good spots complete with rock fire pits. No water or electricity of course. One advantage is that you are free to run the trails all night. I think the campgrounds shut down at 10pm. One disadvantage is people running the trails all night long....

The other advantage is that you can have alcohol at that kind of camp site. Alcohol is not allowed at the normal campsites like Badin lake.

I would be the son. Please add me for the medium run. I will also be there Thursday through Sunday.

Also, as the Jeepster is almost 50...my 'secondary mechanic/recovery team' will be tagging along throughout the day(at least within radio range)...he will be in an FJ...but it does have a nice winch.

Welcome to WAL! Let's see some pics of your Jeepster!

I've got you on the list! Nice to have an older Jeep joining us! When you get a chance, drop by the Give us a Wave section and post up some info and pics about the Jeepster. I know there will be a lot of members interested in hearing about it.

The other advantage is that you can have alcohol at that kind of camp site. Alcohol is not allowed at the normal campsites like Badin lake.

Thats pretty surprising to me. I would figure they would let alcohol near the normal camp sites before out on the trail.

Thats pretty surprising to me. I would figure they would let alcohol near the normal camp sites before out on the trail.

You're actually not supposed to have alcohol anywhere within a national park. So technically, you're not supposed to have it at either, but I imagine it's policed more at the campgrounds. Most of the time, as long as you aren't causing any problems and pour it into unmarked cups, you won't have an issue. But I've never camped up there so I can speak specifically to the Uwharrie area.

Top Bottom