Edelbrock Supercharger Dyno

If your so disappointed in the jeep why have you purchased several?

I keep telling myself that I like them. Even though they are expensive and un reliable.

They are fun to change things on and they are good for exploring, hunting, shooting etc.

They are okay but they leave a lot to be desired.

I keep telling myself that I like them. Even though they are expensive and un reliable.

They are fun to change things on and they are good for exploring, hunting, shooting etc.

Then keep on keepin on and having fun. 👍

Unreliable? Really? I had a 2014 Silverado that had 4500 miles that just up and died - stone cold dead. Long story short, Chevy ended up having to take it back. Now that's unreliable. My JKUR, totally reliable - starts, runs, drives, tows, handles trails, and is a solid rig.

I really didn't want to get dragged into this but have to ask the question.... If you are unhappy with the performance, have to drive hours for training and every day use and have many vehicles to choose from then why are you driving the Jeep everywhere? You say you only like it so you can change things (I guess you can't do that on any other vehicle made so it must be a valid point...) so there is no need to torture yourself driving it - just park it up, modify it to your hearts content and drive that unknown Chevy something or one of your other vehicles that get such great mileage. Problem solved :)

Sorry to the OP :( back on topic, it's great seeing more players enter the supercharger/turbocharger market for these engines. Sure a Hemi or LS would be great, but keeping that front end light is a nice option too, and replacement engines are easier on the wallet with the 3.6 or 3.8 than the big V-8s if/when one goes bad.

Last edited:
I keep checking this thread in the hopes of more Edelbrock Supercharger discussion as I'm probably going forced induction eventually... but alas....

Unreliable? Really? I had a 2014 Silverado that had 4500 miles that just up and died - stone cold dead. Long story short, Chevy ended up having to take it back. Now that's unreliable. My JKUR, totally reliable - starts, runs, drives, tows, handles trails, and is a solid rig.

That's a bum deal. My 2014 has spent about 200 days in service now since its purchase. Might be heading down the same road. We'll see.

I really didn't want to get dragged into this but have to ask the question.... If you are unhappy with the performance, have to drive hours for training and every day use and have many vehicles to choose from then why are you driving the Jeep everywhere? You say you only like it so you can change things (I guess you can't do that on any other vehicle made so it must be a valid point...) so there is no need to torture yourself driving it - just park it up, modify it to your hearts content and drive that unknown Chevy something or one of your other vehicles that get such great mileage. Problem solved :)

Sorry to the OP :( back on topic, it's great seeing more players enter the supercharger/turbocharger market for these engines. Sure a Hemi or LS would be great, but keeping that front end light is a nice option too, and replacement engines are easier on the wallet with the 3.6 or 3.8 than the big V-8s if/when one goes bad.

I don't drive it much. But that's mostly because it's always in for repair.

Last edited:
That's a bum deal. My 2014 had spent about 200 days in service now since its purchase. Might be heading down the same road. We'll see.

I don't drive it much. But that's mostly because it's always in for repair.

Oh man, that sucks. What's going on with GM? I thought I just got a bad one. I never thought it was a systemic issue until I did the research. It's better to get through it now then let another year or so go by and have the warranty lapse.

Oh man, that sucks. What's going on with GM? I thought I just got a bad one. I never thought it was a systemic issue until I did the research. It's better to get through it now then let another year or so go by and have the warranty lapse.

I'm sure you know, Chrysler is fighting tooth and nail to not have a lemon but it's not my fault I got a Friday Jeep. I told them that I heard Toyotas work and that they can get me in one. They didn't think I was funny.

I keep checking this thread in the hopes of more Edelbrock Supercharger discussion as I'm probably going forced induction eventually... but alas....

I know right? I gotta say, you don't see people going into other build threads saying their taste in bumpers sucks. I know a lot about turbos, but they aren't a good application in a low RPM situation. I'm totally intrigued about using a supercharger though.

Voodoo, what are you doing for the intake/exhaust? Do you just run a CAI or will a supercharger need intercoolers? What about water/meth injection?

I know right? I gotta say, you don't see people going into other build threads saying their taste in bumpers sucks. I know a lot about turbos, but they aren't a good application in a low RPM situation. I'm totally intrigued about using a supercharger though.

Voodoo, what are you doing for the intake/exhaust? Do you just run a CAI or will a supercharger need intercoolers? What about water/meth injection?

It's pretty similar to turbo charging. The RIPP kit comes with an inter cooler. I'm not sure what the Edelbrock or Magnuson kit comes with. The RIPP uses their own intake which looks similar to many CAI. I've been pretty deep in muddy water - the RIPP intake would of had me sucking up gunk. So that's something to consider.

Then again, many CAI will have you sucking up gunk. I'd want compatability some sort of smorkel - the Rugged Ridge is low key; maybe that.

It's pretty similar to turbo charging. The RIPP kit comes with an inter cooler. I'm not sure what the Edelbrock or Magnuson kit comes with. The RIPP uses their own intake which looks similar to many CAI. I've been pretty deep in muddy water - the RIPP intake would of had me sucking up gunk. So that's something to consider.

Then again, many CAI will have you sucking up gunk. I'd want compatability some sort of smorkel - the Rugged Ridge is low key; maybe that.

The RIPP CAI is compatible with a snorkel...

Top Bottom