WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Here's one actual daytime picture. I finally got to really look it over and drive it. All seems good so far.

1018171019.jpg

Carrier turned out really good! Your old design did the job, but the new one looks as if you paid a pile of real money for it! Nice job achieving the goal! [emoji482]

Very nicely done! You can really tell you're so proud of that WJ as you should be. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like it should’ve come from the factory like that. Awesome job

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Job well done...now it's time to work on the smoker/grill/rotisserie/brewery...

That carrier turned out amazing man glad to see you done with it very innovative

Thanks.

Carrier turned out really good! Your old design did the job, but the new one looks as if you paid a pile of real money for it! Nice job achieving the goal! [emoji482]

Thanks. I was actually able to re-use so much of the old one that I only have about 70 bucks in the new one and it's lighter and I think it looks better. I was talking to an aluminum welder about a month ago and was going to have him build me a custom bumper and carrier. Price would have been about 2300 :eek: . I'm glad I went this way instead.

Great job Doug. Be curious to see how it does on washboard type of roads but design seems solid so I'm hopeful for you. A tire carrier is not the easiest thing to design; lots of companies and engineers screw it up. Yours turned out great though. Well done. 👍👍

Turned out awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great job Doug. Be curious to see how it does on washboard type of roads but design seems solid so I'm hopeful for you. A tire carrier is not the easiest thing to design; lots of companies and engineers screw it up. Yours turned out great though. Well done. 👍👍

Thanks.

Finished up the plate wiring today. They're working. Just need to aim them tonight. The lights are built into the bolts.

IMG_20171020_155945_146.jpg

IMG_20171020_160027_721.jpg

IMG_20171020_160109_765.jpg

Top Bottom