WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Nicely done. Nothing better than something you built with your own two hands!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's awesome!!!! Feels good doesn't it! Ya can sit back and drink a beer afterwards and admire your work 🍻

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks nice man !!!!!

Came out awesome!!!

Very nice!! [emoji106]

Looks awesome. Great job for sure sir.

Sent from my VS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you guys. Glad to be done. All that is left is wiring the plate light. And yes I've had multiple beers as I've finished the last touches.

So other than license plate lights, it's all done. I decided to secure the latch pin with a stainless steel chain. Nothing says stainless and lightweight like a toilet pull chain that sits in water all day long. 4 bucks at ACE Hardware. I welded on a very small washer to hook it on to.

1017171927.jpg

And here she is all done with the Rock Hard 4x4 license plate bracket. Everything fits tight, the hatch opens and closes normally, and it feels like it won't vibrate at all. Tomorrow's road test will confirm.

1017171928.jpg

1017171955.jpg

1017171956.jpg

1017171956a.jpg

1017171957.jpg

1017171957a.jpg

1017172006.jpg

And here's a before and after:

1017171955.jpg

Wow, really impressed! That looks great! Hope the road test goes as well as it looks!!

You fucked it up. There's a spot that comes out too far on that first bend. Trash it and start over. 😂😂😂
View attachment 280109
Seriously, though, awesome job! 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Man, that would annoy the fuck outta me! LOL!!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seriously, turned out sweet Doug,! Nice work brother!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Lol, it definitely has its imperfections and I know where they all are, but that's what makes a jeep a jeep. I honestly rushed this thing more than I wanted to but I wouldn't change a thing. Glad to be done with it.

That came out awesome! You think that pin is strong enough tho? Seems like a decent amount of weight on the little guy

Nice work! Turned out great, I like how much closer it is, snug to the back. And also the angle to the back side. Very clean, very clean🥃

Helluva job man! :thumb:

That's a great looking project! [emoji1303]

Nice work, looks real good and stock clean.

That came out awesome! You think that pin is strong enough tho? Seems like a decent amount of weight on the little guy

Thank you. Good to be done and I really like the fit. As far as the pin, I'm assuming you're referring to the latch pin. It's a Grade 8 clevis pin with 1/2" diameter. It goes through a 1/4" steel plate to latch. I would think it would be fine. As far as the hinge spindle, it's 1.25" diameter and designed for a DIY carrier with a 33 inch tire. I used it on the old carrier with a high lift jack and several years of offroad use. I still keep an eye on things always but I feel it should be ok.

You've got some skill man. That looks great and it definitely is better closer to the Jeep. One day I want to take up some welding, looks fun and rewarding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Project "ditch the hitch" is looking great. Well done.

Thanks. Good name for it.

You've got some skill man. That looks great and it definitely is better closer to the Jeep. One day I want to take up some welding, looks fun and rewarding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Welding is definitely something to pursue if you're interested in it. It's amazing what you can fix and build.

Thank you. Good to be done and I really like the fit. As far as the pin, I'm assuming you're referring to the latch pin. It's a Grade 8 clevis pin with 1/2" diameter. It goes through a 1/4" steel plate to latch. I would think it would be fine. As far as the hinge spindle, it's 1.25" diameter and designed for a DIY carrier with a 33 inch tire. I used it on the old carrier with a high lift jack and several years of offroad use. I still keep an eye on things always but I feel it should be ok.

Yea I was referring to the latching pin. Looked smaller in the pic which is why I was concerned lol. Should have known you would have picked something strong enough

Top Bottom