WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Good to get caught up on your thread. Rig is tough. Shame about those bushings. Hopefully the new axles will solve the problem

Good to get caught up on your thread. Rig is tough. Shame about those bushings. Hopefully the new axles will solve the problem

Thanks. I think it will. I only replaced the bushings to be preventative and I've had two come out now. After the first one in the rear, I just figured the arm was worn out and wouldn't hold the new press, but now with the axle, I'm wondering if the guy that did them knew what he was doing. The old saying: If you want it done right, do it Yourself....

Nothing too exciting to update, but I did work on building a CB radio mount tonight. I'm going to mount this to the dash to hang the radio on so I don't have to hold it in my hand.

0917161913.jpg

0917161914a.jpg

You know, if you really want to be cool, you can be all Overlander like and just wear a vest that you can clip it too - LOL [emoji16]

Can't wait to see how it works out

So, not the cleanest thing in the world, but I love how it turned out. Especially with just some scrap steel laying around the garage. It took longer for the paint to dry than it did to build the thing. I can push the talk button easily, still operate offroad lights, and still read the gauges.

0917162053.jpg

0917162056.jpg

Last edited:
Man just caught up with the build looks great bud love the pics you took out in the country side

Ordered the ProRock today! Thanks to Steve at Dynatrac who was very helpful in making this happen.

axle.jpg

I do need some help regarding the steering. I am probably going to have to make a custom drag link. To start with the drag link assy will be about an inch longer. The knuckle end will be a typical hi-steer JK.

The end at the pitman arm will be WJ. The upper link for WJ and JK is different. The JK not only has larger thread diameter doing in to the drag link sleeve but also has a larger and different stud taper that meets the pitman arm. I DO NOT want to ream the pitman arm. I want to leave the pitman arm and the upper link as a WJ style. I think I may just take the parts down to a machine shop and have a custom adjustment sleeve made. Anyone else have any other ideas? I want to be able to retain the adjustment sleeve to center the steering wheel without disconnecting ends.

Ordered the ProRock today! Thanks to Steve at Dynatrac who was very helpful in making this happen.

View attachment 223549

I do need some help regarding the steering. I am probably going to have to make a custom drag link. To start with the drag link assy will be about an inch longer. The knuckle end will be a typical hi-steer JK.

The end at the pitman arm will be WJ. The upper link for WJ and JK is different. The JK not only has larger thread diameter doing in to the drag link sleeve but also has a larger and different stud taper that meets the pitman arm. I DO NOT want to ream the pitman arm. I want to leave the pitman arm and the upper link as a WJ style. I think I may just take the parts down to a machine shop and have a custom adjustment sleeve made. Anyone else have any other ideas? I want to be able to retain the adjustment sleeve to center the steering wheel without disconnecting ends.

Awesome congrats! Your gonna love it under your WJ! Gonna really have the confidence to explore at the malls now ;)

Top Bottom