WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Wooooo! Ford blue?

Excited for you! The blue vc’s look great to me. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

VHT Wrinkle Blue HiTemp. Love the color. I knew months ago that I would be getting this color.

Nice balancing act on that block of wood!!

#Safetythird
lol

Nah, those damn three wheeled stands get ultra tippy. Probably made it more stable with that jack stand. [emoji106]

No kidding. 600 pound motor on a Harbor Freight engine stand. I decided on the jack stand for cheap insurance. Before I used it, every bolt I touched and the motor vibrated like a tuning fork. Just not worth the risk.

Looks great! Is it a direct swap or are there any mods required?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Should be a direct swap. I'm changing plugs, tstat, water pump, etc though.

Then I decided there was no way that I could neglect the instant horsepower gain with painted valve covers at this point, so I did just that.

LOL!! You got at least another 25 HP with that :clap2:
Nice touch :thumb:

LOL!! You got at least another 25 HP with that :clap2:
Nice touch :thumb:

Indeed.

Good luck with the install. Love the blue on the covers.

Best of luck Doug with the new power plant

Awesome man! Motor is lookin good.

Keep up the good fuck [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] motor sure looks better now

Nice work!

Thanks. Hope it goes smoothly.

Coming along nicely! When do you anticipate turning her over?

As soon as the paint dries of course..;)

Hoping within a couple of weeks. We've got house projects, work, kids in school, etc, so I'll work on it here and there. Once I get the old motor out and parts swapped over, I'm hoping to at least stab the motor back in that same day. We shall see.

Dam!! Is the T-stat even still operational?
How many of the accessories do you have to remove before you can yank the engine? Need a second engine stand for the swap over process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Luckily that semen colored shit washed out quickly. I am installing a new Mopar tstat regardless. As far as operational, it doesn't even matter. I get 1 mile on this Jeep and it hits 260F. It's a fucked motor.

As far as accessories, I moved the PS pump and AC compressor out of the way and will bolt them on when the new motor is installed. All of the other accessories, I'll do on the bench. I'll likely just put the old motor on a pallet and start switching shit over.

Luckily that semen colored shit washed out quickly. I am installing a new Mopar tstat regardless. As far as operational, it doesn't even matter. I get 1 mile on this Jeep and it hits 260F. It's a fucked motor.

As far as accessories, I moved the PS pump and AC compressor out of the way and will bolt them on when the new motor is installed. All of the other accessories, I'll do on the bench. I'll likely just put the old motor on a pallet and start switching shit over.
Did you add the stop leak before or after the new radiator? Without going all the way back through the thread.... Couldn't remember at what point you said you of it in the system. Hope the core and tanks of the radiator aren't full of that shit.

Did you add the stop leak before or after the new radiator? Without going all the way back through the thread.... Couldn't remember at what point you said you of it in the system. Hope the core and tanks of the radiator aren't full of that shit.

Both. After the dealer confirmed hydrocarbons in cooling system, I put in some Fiberlock Crack Repair. No luck. Then I took it to the shop that pulled the heads and I told them to flush it all out when they put it back together which they did. Being that the issue wasn't fixed after the shop replaced head gaskets, I decided to gamble and throw in some Blue Devil Stop Leak but still no luck. That shit in the picture looks like the Blue Devil stuff. I'll flush everything out the best I can before putting it back together. Maybe I got lucky and fixed my heater core leak though.

Top Bottom