WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Holy cow. All that in a garage door opener?

How does the parking feature work?

Two lasers on ball and socket joints. They automatically come on when door is opened. You mechanically aim them ahead of time to a pre-referenced location on your dashboard. So when you pull in the garage and see the laser in the proper spot on your dash, your Jeep is in far enough to shut the garage door.

Example. On the JK, the laser is set on the hood handle. When it's shining on that, the Jeep is in far enough.

IMG_20180811_190814_447.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's a garage door opener there. Changed one out before but never anything like that.

Sent from my VS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It really is. My budget doubled when I first saw that video. I just had to have it.

Very cool. Just did a google search on it. May need to grab one myself. lol
Are you going to add the tire inflator?

We decided not to just because we both already have compressors on the Jeeps.

Love the lasers for position in the garage! Need that on mine. Also need a fan. My garage has been as high as 120 degrees lately! Hard to be enthusiastic about maintenance when you sweat like a pig just entering the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice. Gonna have to up your cell phone game & ditch that flip phone so you can use the bluetooth speakers! ;)

I saw a commercial for that opener. Looks both fun and dumb. Lol

Exactly. Far from necessary, but......

I feel like my garage door opener is so 20th Century.

Lol.

Very nice addition to the new place.

Thanks.

....Also need a fan. My garage has been as high as 120 degrees lately! Hard to be enthusiastic about maintenance when you sweat like a pig just entering the garage.

The fan really only seems to be effective when it's aimed right at you. If you were to be working in one spot for awhile, it's nice, but if you're moving around like for tire rotation or brakes, it doesn't do much.

Very nice. Gonna have to up your cell phone game & ditch that flip phone so you can use the bluetooth speakers! ;)

No kidding.

Top Bottom