WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

The WJ is too unique to not keep on the road. If there is anything I can do let me know - especially if you need someone to man the plasma cutter. :D

Will do. I know we can find something around to plasma cut.

Probably the smart thing to do. If you decide to sell your Jeep, it'll be worth a lot more running than not.

Yeah, it just makes the most sense.

Sorry to hear about your engine trouble, you’ve been chasing that for a minute. Hopefully after you get it swapped everything will run better than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hope so too.

I’ll keep an eye out for a motor in Los Angeles... maybe even a running Jeep. My buddies have been find crazy deals here..

I know you’ve gone over everything but are you 100% certain the fan motor / fan clutch are working properly? .....Spinning doesn’t mean its going fast enough. (Just throwing out a Hail Mary before you rip into it)

Thank you. Both fans are working. And I now have 2 different shops that confirmed hydrocarbons in the cooling system.

GLWS! (swap ;))

I give you a lot of credit for taking that on man. Big job but these things always end up being worth it in the end :thumb:

I sure hope so.

I hope to have this LS done in a month or two. If you need an engine hoist and stand I'd be happy to let you borrow mine. I could always use the garage space while they're not needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I really appreciate that and will let you know. What size is the hoist?

In the process of moving. Once that's done, I'll get me an engine. I'll probably get a low-mileage used one.

Sticking around here. Just a different house.

Good luck on the move...I like moving as much as I like sticking a nail through my hand...however, it's a good time to purge those things that you've kept for years that you will never use or need...

Good luck on the move...I like moving as much as I like sticking a nail through my hand...however, it's a good time to purge those things that you've kept for years that you will never use or need...

Or to put them in a box with the intention of purging and forgetting which boxes are which and letting them sit in the new house's attic for a few years...

Thanks guys. Definitely more garage space. Nothing too special, but it will be bigger and I'm going to make it my own. I'm lucky to have a Jeep wife too, so our living room will be Jeep-themed as well.

Necessities for a garage:
Nice big workbench
Compressor
Large selection of tools
Lots of shelves
BEER VAULT :beer::beer:

No Jeep updates but I did install my new garage door opener. Has a cord reel, fan, Bluetooth speaker, and a laser guidance parking system. Loving it so far.

IMG_20180811_162230_351.jpg

Top Bottom