Wines of the Week

Hey Ed, hopefully there was no particular order. [emoji6] Amy and I thought this Pinot was very nice.

Was great meeting you and thanks again for the PNW sampler. [emoji33][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

Hopefully you can make it down for more runs in the future. [emoji106][emoji41]

View attachment 288873

Im glad your enjoying the wine...it was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family...and looking forward to more trail time with all of you...

I know that I have posted Palazzo before, but I have noticed that this 2011 vintage really requires some time to mellow after opening even with aeration. It’s a bit brutal out of the bottle, but comes around after an hour or so.

IMG_6279.jpg

I have to agree...your daughter was too cute...and extremely well behaved...
Thank you Ed. It was great meeting and chatting with you.
If you ever need a buddy to suit up and ride boogie boards down a steelhead river with, give me a holler.

That place is awesome. Posted several from their wine club. Great cabs, Grenache and Mourvèdre.

It was actually this thread and your posts that got my gears turning and spiked my curiosity. I knew we were going to stop in Paso for gas and stretch so it only made sense to check this place out. And glad we did. [emoji106]
It was a beautiful vineyard with a great tasting room. They close at 4 and we didn’t leave till after 5 going through a couple flights. Ended up bringing home 4 bottles.
IMG_7913.JPG.

It was actually this thread and your posts that got my gears turning and spiked my curiosity. I knew we were going to stop in Paso for gas and stretch so it only made sense to check this place out. And glad we did. [emoji106]
It was a beautiful vineyard with a great tasting room. They close at 4 and we didn’t leave till after 5 going through a couple flights. Ended up bringing home 4 bottles.
View attachment 288981.

Glad you enjoyed the stop. Those are some great choices to bring home too. [emoji106]

Enjoyed this central coast Malbec last night. Very tasty!!

IMG_4178.jpg

Then today, finally set up my "twin" fridge. Should be set for proper temp storage now. [emoji106]

IMG_4180.jpg

Not at all. You like your reds more overchilled than "normal." Just one of many sources behind my logic.

http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/45577

I've got three fridges and three temps based on what might be inside. 58-60 is a good short term storage temp. My whites at 50 and another long term red at about 53-55.

I'm far from "normal" in most things in my life...by choice. I set mine at 55 and don't worry about it. Short term, long term (as if there is a thing). I don't store whites. Just busting your balls. 60 is a good temp. Especially in California given your high electricity prices. LOL!

I'm far from "normal" in most things in my life...by choice. I set mine at 55 and don't worry about it. Short term, long term (as if there is a thing). I don't store whites. Just busting your balls. 60 is a good temp. Especially in California given your high electricity prices. LOL!

My wine generally comes in bunches. Until recently, it was all short term. Been starting to get a couple here and there capable of aging 7-10 years. Never had the means. Now I do if I choose.

Keeping at 55 is perfect. Short or long term, ur set. Temp is actually less important than temp fluctuation.

I'm a baller, I don't worry about bills. [emoji6][emoji23]

This is another quality Pinot from Argyle in the PNW. Still working my way through the sampler. [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485] Certainly makes me want to visit and do some tasting.

IMG_4251.jpg

Top Bottom