What do you do for a living?

Are you happy doing what you do?

• Yes

Votes: 97 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 17.8%

• Total voters
After 9 years Active duty in the Army I'm out working as a manager for the 3rd largest (and growing) home improvement store in the country. I love it as I get paid pretty well for what I actually do and am well on my way to getting paid even better. :D

I also am in the Reserves and teach people how to properly maintain, fire and hit what the're aiming at with everything from a 9mm pistol to a .50 cal machine gun. It has it's moments ;)

And I'm on 60% disability so that's not too shabby either :crazyeyes:

After I retired from the AF, I enjoyed a year of being just "Mom". God bored, found a civilian job, a year later, got a job on base, a year later found an even better job on base, working as a civilian for the AF Reserves. Do I love my job? Absolutely! I push pencils, but I'm also part of an inspection team. I'm usually out of town at least once a month. I don't get to go overseas, but love seeing more of America.

Was in the 101st for 3 years. Since been medically discharged. My second deployment didn't go well at all.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Currently working in FOB Salerno, Afghanistan as a UH-60M tech inspector as a civ contractor. Pays great, ok job, 9 1/2 months left on my contract. Can't wait to get home and finish training for my dream job. Commercial helicopter pilot/flight instructor. Took a break after I finished my private rating. Picking up with my instrument semester when I get home. I love basically anything that has to do with helicopters.

Last edited:
I work for so.cal.edison on transmission power lines I'm a lineman before here I was in the marine corps did a year in Iraq now I'm traveling so cal building powerlines to provide So cal with electricity best job ever dangerous but fun

I work for so.cal.edison on transmission power lines I'm a lineman before here I was in the marine corps did a year in Iraq now I'm traveling so cal building powerlines to provide So cal with electricity best job ever dangerous but fun

I have to say your job is hard core. But I hear your position pays great. Be safe up there on those towers!!! :rock:

I am a proud INFANTRY SOLDIER IN THE BEST COUNTRY OF ALL U.S.A BABY and im currently deployed in Afghanistan taking names and kick ass everyday.
11B US.ARMY
556008_414999818584926_1890057645_n.jpg
Afganistan 2013 009.JPG

It's definitely not for everyone just like the marine corps that's why it pays pretty good unlike the corps lol

For all our brothers and Sisters in Harms way. Thank you for your service. (Former 12b, Army Engineer)

Myself, I'm a Sr. Level Network Engineer/Project Manager for a Fortune 100...

I work full-time for a bankruptcy law firm and yes its a boring job but pays the bills and their flexible as I need them to be since I'm a full-time student working on a bachelor's degree in human services. Hopefully school will fly by so I can start my Social Work career.

By day I push a broom down a P-way. By night I am a Sonar Technician on board a Frigate in San Diego... Ship is 30 years old and falling apart. It's a Love hate thing. I would be interested to see if I can do my 20.

By day I push a broom down a P-way. By night I am a Sonar Technician on board a Frigate in San Diego... Ship is 30 years old and falling apart. It's a Love hate thing. I would be interested to see if I can do my 20.

What frigate is that? My squadron only deploys on frigates

Top Bottom