Watcha cookin'?

In this situation, I tried to ask myself, what would MTG do?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392429038.421284.jpg

Went trifecta. Chicken, beef and pork. Have to special order the organ meats so maybe next time. 😉
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392428897.168799.jpg

- Jason

Avoiding the Valentines madness. Tri-tip. Orange glazed carrots and zucchini. Fruit salad with agave almonds.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392435164.016347.jpg

- Jason

I made chili spaghetti for me and my roommates tonight for we a poor single college students :sigh:

You're supposed to be poor in college. :yup: I remember scraping together enough change from the car and couch to go buy a hot dog and a drink at Costco...yeah, it's only $1.50. :grayno:

Is that grass fed? I'm curious how it tastes in comparison to grain fed.

Good eye! Nope. Here is Whole Paycheck's new meat wrapper.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392442374.508487.jpg

The good news is that there is no animal byproducts in the feed. :eek: Think about that for a minute.

Taste wise I can't say it was any worse. In fact it was delicious. We didn't even bother "plating" it tonight. Just a big ol' pile of healthy goodness.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392442563.341794.jpg

Washed it down with a nice Cabernet.

Good eye! Nope. Here is Whole Paycheck's new meat wrapper.

View attachment 69219

The good news is that there is no animal byproducts in the feed. :eek: Think about that for a minute.

Taste wise I can't say it was any worse. In fact it was delicious. We didn't even bother "plating" it tonight. Just a big ol' pile of healthy goodness.

View attachment 69220

Washed it down with a nice Cabernet.

Looks great! I recently switched to a strict paleo diet and have lost a good amount of weight. I know the paleo/primal diet encourages grass fed, free range meats, but we don't have any markets in town that sell any of it at a reasonable price. I've seen grass fed beef (top sirloin) as high as $24.99/lb!

Looks great! I recently switched to a strict paleo diet and have lost a good amount of weight. I know the paleo/primal diet encourages grass fed, free range meats, but we don't have any markets in town that sell any of it at a reasonable price. I've seen grass fed beef (top sirloin) as high as $24.99/lb!

Yikes! Yeah it can be hard to find and expensive. We found a couple local places to get it and have even seen it in the grocery store lately. We have a "subscription" and get a delivery once a month with a mix of everything from filet to ground beef. Think it works out to $10 a pound on average. We just forgot to take some out of the freezer and had to grab something in a pinch.

Good job on the weight loss! We absolute love the paleo lifestyle. I've lost weight too and find the general sense of "feeling good" to make me not ever want to go back. If you haven't read the book "Grain Brain" you should check it out.

Yikes! Yeah it can be hard to find and expensive. We found a couple local places to get it and have even seen it in the grocery store lately. We have a "subscription" and get a delivery once a month with a mix of everything from filet to ground beef. Think it works out to $10 a pound on average. We just forgot to take some out of the freezer and had to grab something in a pinch.

Good job on the weight loss! We absolute love the paleo lifestyle. I've lost weight too and find the general sense of "feeling good" to make me not ever want to go back. If you haven't read the book "Grain Brain" you should check it out.

I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the recommendation!

I've "cheated" and had some dairy and grains once. It made me feel like crap for a solid day. For me, that feeling just isn't worth it. I didn't realize just how bad the stuff I was eating prior to paleo, made me feel.

^^did that. Looks pretty good!

Spaghetti squash noodle bowl. This was great!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392607990.082242.jpg

Chicken stock cookin for ~24 hours in the slow cooker.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392608021.617870.jpg

Top Bottom