Watcha cookin'?

We eat well but not exactly like this every day. Mainly on Friday, Saturday and Sunday when we have more time. Generally we plan our meals for the week on Friday or Saturday, shop Sunday morning (sorry :() and do a lot of cooking for the week on Sunday (so as to save time during the week). We also try to do at least one crock pot recipe during the week so it's ready when we get home. It is a lot of work but we enjoy it and it is paying off in big ways.

Just let me know when you are coming. :yup:

Paying off health wise I'm sure. Its hard on the pocketbook though to eat healthy and organic. My wife only buys organic produce, meat as well as no plastics etc. It is amazing how much it adds too your grocery bill to eat healthy. We have started growing a lot of our own veggies the last two years and that was a great decision and would encourage anyone to do if the have the space.

Good of day as any to bring out the Big Green Egg. Apple wood chunks and cranking at about 800 degrees.
3 mins each side for the perfect medium.

Two nice Harris Ranch rib eyes.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392003337.605920.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392003400.154984.jpg

Potato chips
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392003429.270952.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392003447.821897.jpg

And for desert. The classic Loch Almond cocktail...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392003524.223459.jpg

Last edited:
Paying off health wise I'm sure. Its hard on the pocketbook though to eat healthy and organic. My wife only buys organic produce, meat as well as no plastics etc. It is amazing how much it adds too your grocery bill to eat healthy. We have started growing a lot of our own veggies the last two years and that was a great decision and would encourage anyone to do if the have the space.

Agreed. It is more expensive, but totally worth it for us. The health benefits have been amazing...and we really didn't eat "unhealthy" before. Just a matter of where you choose to spend your money I guess. We don't (rarely) eat out so that helps.

We have grown our own vegetables as well. This last year the heat (and an inattentive house sitter) took it's toll and we didn't have a good crop. Hoping for better results this year.

We try to buy organic when we can. We also buy all grass fed/finished beef now.

Alright. I'll admit was skeptical, but that came out looking really good.

- Jason

That makes two of us. :cheesy:

It was really good. We've been reading a lot about incorporating organ meat into our diets and I have to say that I was impressed. It's much better that liver IMHO and very good for you. I have two more in the freezer and plan to incorporate organ meat on a regular basis. :thumb:

It was really good. We've been reading a lot about incorporating organ meat into our diets and I have to say that I was impressed. It's much better that liver IMHO and very good for you. I have two more in the freezer and plan to incorporate organ meat on a regular basis. :thumb:

Liver is delicious! What did you have to tell your kids to get then to eat it? Lol

I'm not a huge fan of the "cleansing" organs, maybe it's the wife and her biology/med background telling me what all those organs clean out. Not sure if yours is the same.

But the heart is a little different. You did well in making it appealing and that is half the battle.

- Jason

I'm not a huge fan of the "cleansing" organs, maybe it's the wife and her biology/med background telling me what all those organs clean out. Not sure if yours is the same.

Misconception number whatever. Dig into all those organ meats and enjoy the benefits. :thumb:

Nothing. Told my daughter it was the heart and she cleaned her plate. Lying to your kids is not a good long term plan.

Well said on that second part. I knew I liked you for more than just ur cooking. 😉 Lol.

Misconception number whatever. Dig into all those organ meats and enjoy the benefits. :thumb:

Oh I know. The wife just isn't much of a red meat fan, so its an accomplishment just to lay down a good tri-tip or the like.

My son on the other hand, that kid is open to anything with flavor. We may need to hit up our local butcher shop.

- Jason

I BBQ all year, rain, snow, sleet, whatever. I've heard good things about the BGE. Might need to look into one. I was planning to buy a smoker soon anyway.

[quote}
Potato chips
View attachment 68421
View attachment 68422

These look interesting? Just cut and cook? Are the crisp? Ever try with sweet potato?[/QUOTE]

I cook outside on the egg at least twice a week. Snow or shine as well.
The potato was good. It's my favorite way to BBQ a spud, nice and crispy. I usually cook sweet potatoes but all we had was russets.

Filipino? This looks like my house!

Mestiza my Mom was Filipino, my Pops a hillbilly :) Yep my Pops was a Cmdr in Navy all my brothers and Sisters were born in PI. I was born Port Hueneme or Oxnard really... wasn't born on base but we were stationed there at that time. Yea I'm OLD! :p

Made bacon wrapped chicken breast strip with a brown sugar and chilli pepper rub.
1392261801951.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm still at the office. Mind bringing me down some of that goodness?

Edit: damn you brown sugar! you're off the hook. :cheesy:

Sorry not quite paleo. I need to start busting some strict paleo meals...then I'll run you leftovers to the ofdice. ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom