Watcha cookin'?

Heart? Does that beat other cuts? Get it. 

Seriously though, I've never had it. What's the flavor/texture most like.

- Jason

No I don't get it. :idontknow:

Haven't had it. I'll let you know after tomorrow.

What's the flavor/texture most like.

- Jason

It's heart to beat actually :cheesy:

I've had beef heart prepared sort of like beef tongue. It's good, very beefy and the texture is firm. I would think the preparation will have a lot to do with the firmness. I also, would like to see how Chef MTGizzle plates this cut. :thumb:

It's heart to beat actually :cheesy:

I've had beef heart prepared sort of like beef tongue. It's good, very beefy and the texture is firm. I would think the preparation will have a lot to do with the firmness. I also, would like to see how Chef MTGizzle plates this cut. :thumb:

You got my weak attempt at a joke. Lol.

- Jason

Made bone broth (i.e. Organic chicken stock) overnight in the crockpot.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391958160.033364.jpg

Last edited:
Not cooked but pretty stoked about this.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391959588.096102.jpg

Chocolate pudding. But made with avocado and no sugar or other crap in it. Kids loved it. ;)

Last edited:
Man that looks like it would have a bite!
You are some amazing chef MTG - you always have great things on this thread.
Were you professionally trained?

Haha thanks! Not trained just enjoy it.

I took the time to cut out the seeds and ribs of the peppers so it wouldn't be too hot. It's really simple to make and a whole lot better for you than the store bought stuff (I'm not a big fan of stuff like potassium sorbate, sodium bisulfite, and xantham gum). :)

Let's stop beating around and get to the heart of the matter...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391995837.067592.jpg

Made a garlic stuffed roast.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391995871.185611.jpg

Sliced and served on a bed on cabbage and onions.

Let's stop beating around and get to the heart of the matter...

Sliced and served on a bed on cabbage and onions.

Do you cook like this everyday?
My wife and I may be free for dinner next weekend - any open seats at Chef MTG's? ;>)

Last edited:
Do you cook like this everyday?
My wife and I may be free for dinner next weekend - any open seats at Chef MTG's? ;>)

We eat well but not exactly like this every day. Mainly on Friday, Saturday and Sunday when we have more time. Generally we plan our meals for the week on Friday or Saturday, shop Sunday morning (sorry :() and do a lot of cooking for the week on Sunday (so as to save time during the week). We also try to do at least one crock pot recipe during the week so it's ready when we get home. It is a lot of work but we enjoy it and it is paying off in big ways.

Just let me know when you are coming. :yup:

Top Bottom