Watcha cookin'?

I do my prime rib on the UDS. Cook at 230 til temp of 105, open vents wide open until temp is 120. Pull and rest wrapped in a cooler. Only season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. So damn good. I know a lot of people that do the method Brute mentioned above too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I do my prime rib on the UDS. Cook at 230 til temp of 105, open vents wide open until temp is 120. Pull and rest wrapped in a cooler. Only season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. So damn good. I know a lot of people that do the method Brute mentioned above too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

And this is the other method I’m going back and forth on. Low temp till 100 internal then let the Egg rip till 120.

This is my go to...never fail rib roast recipe...every step is important...

Let rib roast sit out of fridge 1 full hour at room temp.

Preheat oven to 375

Season heavily with coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper....place on roasting pan fat cap side up

Put in oven at 375 for exactly one hour...then turn oven off and leave in oven for exactly 3 more hours...it is IMPERATIVE that the oven door is not opened during this time

Remove from oven, place on a large cutting board and tent with foil...let rest for 30 minutes before carving.

I've made my rib roast this way for three decades...comes out perfectly between rare & medium rare every time...

That is one I haven’t seen. Talk about low and slow.

Hard to beat a heavy salt and pepper. Adding anything else (herbs, etc) once in the egg?? What’s the premise behind letting it dry out?

No plans on adding anything else. Depending how the crust looks at the end might rub a stick of butter on it and let the fire kiss it but probably won’t.

I’m half assed dry aging it. Only three days and no cheese cloth or fan in the fridge so it’s still pretty wet. The idea is to let the muscle break down via its own enzymes for better texture and flavor.

YaY FOOD!

Takes my mind off of other miseries ;) Tomorrow we'll be having the 8lb prime rib AND ham! My daughter in law is the prime rib chef, the last one she made was the best I've ever had (and prime rib is probably my most favorite favorite!) I'm the Turkey chef, I have a 21lb bird in the freezer waiting for the right occasion.

I expected to be finished with the making my Christmas Traditional gift baskets that include a large sack of my Gourmet Sea Salt Carmel Corn, but the administration of Nataqua's wreckage has taken more time than I care to account for. However, the corn is popped and now I'll set out to make the Carmel, the house will smell ahmazing!

I'm glad I'm on top of my game this year, with the shopping finished and house decorated. I have my first grandchild, who is just 1 1/2 this year, so Christmas is extra special and really something to look forward to this year.

Salt, pepper, garlic, thyme. Let it chill out for a few hours. Think I’ll go high heat sear then dial back. Going for a medium rare center. 🤞🤙

IMG_6236.jpg

Takes my mind off of other miseries ;) Tomorrow we'll be having the 8lb prime rib AND ham! My daughter in law is the prime rib chef, the last one she made was the best I've ever had (and prime rib is probably my most favorite favorite!) I'm the Turkey chef, I have a 21lb bird in the freezer waiting for the right occasion.

I expected to be finished with the making my Christmas Traditional gift baskets that include a large sack of my Gourmet Sea Salt Carmel Corn, but the administration of Nataqua's wreckage has taken more time than I care to account for. However, the corn is popped and now I'll set out to make the Carmel, the house will smell ahmazing!

I'm glad I'm on top of my game this year, with the shopping finished and house decorated. I have my first grandchild, who is just 1 1/2 this year, so Christmas is extra special and really something to look forward to this year.
Yeah it's a first for us. Yes, we had to make some last minute store stops but were almost done with the wrapping. We'll have the rest of the afternoon and evening to clean up and prepare for tomorrow. Then dinner and drinks out..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Another good plan...

IMG_6262.jpg

Picture doesn’t do it justice. Polar Express hot coco. We make it once a year and watch Polar Express as a family.

Top Bottom