Watcha cookin'?

I used to have a dehydrator many moons ago...I may have to get another one for WA...I could live on jerkey...

So how was it?

It was actually outstanding... surprised us all. The citrus was a nice change from the traditional tasting Thanksgiving dinner turkey.

Made the brine with salt, minced garlic, oranges, lemons and bay leaves.

Rubbed a butter and spices mixture between the skin and bird as well as on top of the skin. Then rubbed it down with olive oil and sprinkled some lemon pepper over it.

Stuffed the whole thing with oranges, lemons and limes. Pretty damn good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My first turkey...

...from brine to bake.

That's similar to how I roasted mine for Thanksgiving. I used a Citrus brine with bay leaves and stuffed it with oranges and rosemary sprigs. I then rubbed it down with a butter, poultry seasoning mix. It was the first oney wife and I did together and the second one I've cooked ever.

IMAG2849.jpg

No after pics but my father in-law did show me how to carve it rather thane just hack meat off of it. Came out really good and everyone was pleased.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's similar to how I roasted mine for Thanksgiving. I used a Citrus brine with bay leaves and stuffed it with oranges and rosemary sprigs. I then rubbed it down with a butter, poultry seasoning mix. It was the first oney wife and I did together and the second one I've cooked ever.

View attachment 315857

No after pics but my father in-law did show me how to carve it rather thane just hack meat off of it. Came out really good and everyone was pleased.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Unfortunately, I am still at the “just hack the meat off” stage... baby steps. Haha

Unfortunately, I am still at the “just hack the meat off” stage... baby steps. Haha

I saw a cooking show a while ago showing how easy it is and have done it since. Even my mom was impressed, which was very hard to do, I assure you :shock:

Basically you cut the breast meat away from the carcass by cutting it from the top down and follow the contours of the rib cage. You end up with the two breast halves that you can put on a cutting board and
slice uniformely. Piece of cake actually. :thumb:

Edit: Ha, found the video - it was on Good Eats on the Food Network

[video]https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/channels/how-to-carve-a-turkey[/video]

Last edited:
I saw a cooking show a while ago showing how easy it is and have done it since. Even my mom was impressed, which was very hard to do, I assure you :shock:

Basically you cut the breast meat away from the carcass by cutting it from the top down and follow the contours of the rib cage. You end up with the two breast halves that you can put on a cutting board and
slice uniformely. Piece of cake actually. :thumb:

Edit: Ha, found the video - it was on Good Eats on the Food Network

[video]https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/channels/how-to-carve-a-turkey[/video]

Piece of turkey. Not cake.

Top Bottom