The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandonDetrick said:
What did you paint your tire carrier with? Do they sell it and the corners prepowder coated ?

Not sure what he did, but EVO only sells the carrier/corners bare...

BrandonDetrick said:
What did you paint your tire carrier with? Do they sell it and the corners prepowder coated ?

They come bare metal. I cleaned the metal with prep to clean it. Self etching primer then bought the factory color match spray cans. I abuse and use my jeep, so I know it's going to have rock rash and the paint is going to get scraped off. I did not want to spent any money in powder coating just to knock it off. Everything I bought came bare from EVO. The rear tire carrier and frame rails are just flat blk rattle can. :)

P.s. I have already drug the rear tire carrier in Moab and had to touch it up. I have a video of the tire carrier on a ledge and my back tired were in the air. I'll work on posting it up.

Never mind. They are they factor match paint

Did you prime them ? Cuz I have a prob with rock hitting that area off of my front tires. So I don't want it to get all scuffed too easily

I am planning on doing many of the EVO mods that you did. However I am a bit anxious about installing the nutserts. I am pretty well rounded and experienced in modifications, but this just make me a bit nervous if I were to screw up :shock:

Self etching primer
Heat up the metal before spraying to help harden the paint. Powder coating is more durable.... You have the option to just respray if damaged. Also when you chip powder coat you have a chance of rusting under it.

RockIt Man said:
I am planning on doing many of the EVO mods that you did. However I am a bit anxious about installing the nutserts. I am pretty well rounded and experienced in modifications, but this just make me a bit nervous if I were to screw up :shock:

That's half the fun!! :) I would buy/rent the tool. I made my own tool but was a pain in the ass.

Here's the photos of what I used.

Attachments

• image-3644740890.jpg
    image-3644740890.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 528
  • image-340681937.jpg
    image-340681937.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 533
  • image-2968853693.jpg
    image-2968853693.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 536
  • image-1518371694.jpg