The Evolution of ENVY Build

I'll hit you up next time can you turn a wrench? Or at least fetch them like JAGS? :cheesy:

I am always willing to help out and not bad of a mechanic if I do say so myself. I need to trim my fenders :brows:

LOL. You didn't say anything about Sunday. :crazyeyes: It wasn't at my place, but I'm sure you could've joined. You need to be more precise on your availabilities and coming and goings. ;)

My fault for the short notice to you guys on Saturday! Ill start sending y'all my weekly itineraries though and hopefully that improve our communication :cheesy:

Ill try to remember to get a picture in the morning...I use this Meguiars spray stuff...similar to armor all but its good and doesn't cause your stuff to crack. Only way I have been able to get the dirt stains off and makes everything look better than new.

I am always willing to help out and not bad of a mechanic if I do say so myself. I need to trim my fenders :brows:

My fault for the short notice to you guys on Saturday! Ill start sending y'all my weekly itineraries though and hopefully that improve our communication :cheesy:

Fender trim! That was my first mod and first time hanging with other Wayalifers. Good times.

Lol, what was that like a 1hr notice. Ha ha kidding. Another time for sure!

Ill try to remember to get a picture in the morning...I use this Meguiars spray stuff...similar to armor all but its good and doesn't cause your stuff to crack. Only way I have been able to get the dirt stains off and makes everything look better than new.

I think I've used that along with mothers back to black. Both work good, but when the shine wears off, the stains are still there.

- Jason

Fender trim! That was my first mod and first time hanging with other Wayalifers. Good times.

Lol, what was that like a 1hr notice. Ha ha kidding. Another time for sure!

I think I've used that along with mothers back to black. Both work good, but when the shine wears off, the stains are still there.

- Jason

It was about a 5 - 6 hour notice but close to 1! Hehe. Here is a picture of what I use,

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396968562.568309.jpg

I use that applicator brush in a circular motion...keeps tires looking new without the fast and furious shine and cleans and keeps the fenders looking new. They get a lil sparkle because the texture. I haven't had the dirt stains return and that Mojave mud was nasty after a week or two! I use this stuff on my interior panels also. Again it doesn't shine like that armor all crap so you don't get blinded after wiping down the dash...side note...haven't tried on my soft top and I have stains on that...I'll have to try and let you know how it is on the soft top...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to it this weekend. :grayno: Spent Sat with fam and Sun with some Wayalifers working on jeeps. Hopefully this week. Will post up how it works.

Where can I get some 303 cleaner at?

Nothing too special over the last couple days. Last night I was able to update the software on my Superchips Flashcal in preparation for the bigger tires and gearing and such. Almost sprung for the Flashpaq upgrade, but figured I honestly wouldn't be tweaking too much before the big Rubicon trip.

Today I gave the Jeep a bath today as I'll be transporting a co-worker in biz attire to a meeting. Used the 303 cleaner on the fenders and did an OK job. I think I'm going to buy a better scrub brush and hit it one more time. I used an old toothbrush I keep around for misc projects. I could see where a little better brush would do a better job. One surprise was I cleaned part of the frame rail with it, and that looks great. So a more detailed cleaning is in the future.

For those asking, I got my 303 cleaner on Amazon. Think it was around $14 or so.

It was about a 5 - 6 hour notice but close to 1! Hehe. Here is a picture of what I use,

View attachment 77761

I use that applicator brush in a circular motion...keeps tires looking new without the fast and furious shine and cleans and keeps the fenders looking new. They get a lil sparkle because the texture. I haven't had the dirt stains return and that Mojave mud was nasty after a week or two! I use this stuff on my interior panels also. Again it doesn't shine like that armor all crap so you don't get blinded after wiping down the dash...side note...haven't tried on my soft top and I have stains on that...I'll have to try and let you know how it is on the soft top...

I need a scrub brush for the 303. After the cleaner I used Back-to-Black and they look great. May give meguires a try, but the B2B bottle is lasting forever as you need to use a whole lot.

BTW, I'm going to be down in SD with my boy this Sat if ur down that way again. LOL. That's a two-day notice buddy. :yup::cheesy:

Just ordered up the EVO Oil Pan armor and the PS Evap Armor/Skid. Tried to also order up my mud flaps, trasharoo and ARB tire repair, but wouldn't take the "wayalife" discount code for those items at Northridge. :thinking:

Forgot to post some new red decals and stickers were added Friday before a trip down to San Diego.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397416021.595227.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397416059.382685.jpg

Apparently in a spending mood today as i also picked up my spill kit, mopar offroad floor mats, new fire extinguisher strap for rear roll bar and new rear grab handles off of amazon. 👍 Will have much to post up in the brown Santa thread. 😉

- Jason

Forgot to post some new red decals and stickers were added Friday before a trip down to San Diego.

View attachment 78613
View attachment 78614

Apparently in a spending mood today as i also picked up my spill kit, mopar offroad floor mats, new fire extinguisher strap for rear roll bar and new rear grab handles off of amazon. 👍 Will have much to post up in the brown Santa thread. 😉

- Jason

I like the red! Which extinguisher strap did you order?

View attachment 77761

How does this stuff hold up? I used to use the armor all spray foam on my truck, but the trouble was it would look just as dingy, if not worse in a week. If this is better and doesn't soak up road grime, I think I will get this stuff ASAP.

Did you wind up using it on your soft top?

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

How does this stuff hold up? I used to use the armor all spray foam on my truck, but the trouble was it would look just as dingy, if not worse in a week. If this is better and doesn't soak up road grime, I think I will get this stuff ASAP.

Did you wind up using it on your soft top?

The fenders look like new until I wheel again and dirt does it's thing and then I wash. If it's mud it stains, dust typically doesn't. My experience anyways. It doesn't accelerate the fading process like I've had armor all do on other vehicles and jeeps. My rig is covered in Death Valley dust so I'll try it on the soft top when I wash it next. It doesn't attract dirt or grime like armor all does, that stuff is a magnet! I haven't noticed it to attract dirt really in the many years I've used it to be honest...it gets dirty obviously but if you use armor all then you know what I mean.

The fenders look like new until I wheel again and dirt does it's thing and then I wash. If it's mud it stains, dust typically doesn't. My experience anyways. It doesn't accelerate the fading process like I've had armor all do on other vehicles and jeeps. My rig is covered in Death Valley dust so I'll try it on the soft top when I wash it next. It doesn't attract dirt or grime like armor all does, that stuff is a magnet! I haven't noticed it to attract dirt really in the many years I've used it to be honest...it gets dirty obviously but if you use armor all then you know what I mean.

I do and I appreciate the feedback. I will probably get this in the future, armor all does have a tendency to look fresh upon application and then within 24 hours look like complete junk. I don't want an oil soaked tire/fender/dash - I want something clean

I do and I appreciate the feedback. I will probably get this in the future, armor all does have a tendency to look fresh upon application and then within 24 hours look like complete junk. I don't want an oil soaked tire/fender/dash - I want something clean

That's my feeling and why I use this stuff. I would like to try this 303 stuff that Mr. Jags has been talking about before I derailed his thread :p sorry bud! Feel free to PM me JKWrang with any other questions!

That's my feeling and why I use this stuff. I would like to try this 303 stuff that Mr. Jags has been talking about before I derailed his thread :p sorry bud! Feel free to PM me JKWrang with any other questions!

Speak freely my friends. We all can learn. Mothers back to black is also better than Armor All IMHO. The stuff IBHWIJ used has gotten good reviews too.

For interior, use the the Turtle Wax premium interior. Stuff is the bomb on the dash, steering wheel, center consol, and inside doors. That was a tip a while back from no other than sir GCM2.

The 303 cleaner on the frame rails kind of surprised me. I'd buy it again just for that. Still need to buy a cleaning brush to tackle the fenders again.

Speak freely my friends. We all can learn. Mothers back to black is also better than Armor All IMHO. The stuff IBHWIJ used has gotten good reviews too.

For interior, use the the Turtle Wax premium interior. Stuff is the bomb on the dash, steering wheel, center consol, and inside doors. That was a tip a while back from no other than sir GCM2.

The 303 cleaner on the frame rails kind of surprised me. I'd buy it again just for that. Still need to buy a cleaning brush to tackle the fenders again.

I think I'm gonna get me some of that 303 stuff! Maybe I'll try that turtle stuff too...his rig always looks amazing! Also, IBHWIJ isn't bad haha!

Top Bottom