The Evolution of ENVY Build

Holy Crap man, don't know how I missed this till now, just went through the whole build.. Sweet looking ride! :thumb:

Started a little modification inspired by my friend JeepFan. Made a bit more progress since this pic earlier today. So far so good. 👍
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401162230.358375.jpg

- Jason

So Amy is working the power tools right? I hope...... :eek:

She couldn't stand to watch, so she left to mall and told the kids dial 911 if anything happens. Lol. 😂😉

Nice! I have to make my "summertime for the fridge lake deck" soon.

Yup. Don't have the fridge just yet, but figured the concept would work the same for camp cooler and other gear/supplies. Doing mine in two pieces so can do 100 or 60 or 40 splits.

The 40 section is done as of a few minutes ago and came out good. Will post pics when done as the spray paint was still a little tacky on the other piece.

Is that sheetrock or hardiback? Kind of looks like it, just wondering.

Neither, just particle board. 😉

- Jason

Here's the final product from the project I started a few days ago. MTG knew exactly where I was going with this and I think it came out great. Additional level storage deck area for cooler or other camping/beach/BBQ gear.

Not bad for $15 in supplies. Think I'll hit the fabric/cloth with some scotch guard.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401421500.179183.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401421526.285920.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401421538.844040.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401421563.110971.jpg

- Jason

Here's the final product from the project I started a few days ago. MTG knew exactly where I was going with this and I think it came out great. Additional level storage deck area for cooler or other camping/beach/BBQ gear.

Not bad for $15 in supplies. Think I'll hit the fabric/cloth with some scotch guard.

- Jason

Actually I was completely wrong. But this looks good too.

Last edited:
Wow that's actually not bad. I'll buy it for $27.50.

Thanks, I think. I'm still a little better/more comfortable at carpentry than wrenching. $31.78 and a cold beer and I'll consider making you one. 😉

Actually I was completely wrong. But this looks good too.

Lol. You thinking trunk deck?? That might be something I tackle in the future. Been looking how to make it a secure storage like tuffy. Have ideas, but want it to look finished.

- Jason

With most of my friends on the road and others working on prepping their rigs, it's been tough getting ENVY on dirt. Decided yesterday afternoon to venture solo with wife riding shotgun. Hit up cleghorn for an easy adventure, run 4hi and stretch the suspension a bit. Nothing crazy obviously, but more important, no major issues.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401657171.660509.jpg

This "obstacle" area seemed so much more difficult when ENVY was stock. Poser stretch shot. Second shot shows decent stuff on pass side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401657218.098255.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401657686.515978.jpg

- Jason

Looks awesome! I was just up at cleghorn last weekend to test out my buddy's 93 landcruiser. Somehow I made a bet with my brother that his 2wd 4 door f150 on 35's can't make it up the "obstacle section" I guess we'll see! How'd the suspension do on some of the faster spots?

Looks awesome! I was just up at cleghorn last weekend to test out my buddy's 93 landcruiser. Somehow I made a bet with my brother that his 2wd 4 door f150 on 35's can't make it up the "obstacle section" I guess we'll see! How'd the suspension do on some of the faster spots?

Handled great. As you know, it's pretty flat out there, so couldn't really test the king bumps.

Nice pics Jags. :thumbup:

Thanks, should have real pics in a couple weeks. 😃

- Jason

Joking aside (opening the window slightly for the comedians in the bunch), I'm on the fence about getting custom plates. My registration is up and I've been thinking about a few. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 4.35.57 PM.jpg

Top Bottom