The Evolution of ENVY Build

Here's some night shots of the rear LEDs. Really appreciate the feedback on these. After a week+ with them, I like the look and as these pics show, function great too.

Base line pic. No lights.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400047408.865911.jpg

Brake light.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400047480.027054.jpg

Reverse light.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400047539.182447.jpg

Reverse rear facing at 5 yards and about 15 yards. Obviously not rigids, but awesome for what they are and how they are wired.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400047622.382573.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400047645.798870.jpg

- Jason

Those lights are bright..from what I've read, ORE did the install? Asking because I'm wondering how easy the install was.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Those lights are bright..from what I've read, ORE did the install? Asking because I'm wondering how easy the install was.

Yup. ORE did the install when they did the corners/carrier. No mods needed. I just had to buy the lights and bring them in. Along with the resisters. If you decide to go this direction, just get the ones I linked to as they have more LEDs. 👍

- Jason

Definitely thinking about it. Here's my problem...I want rear lights connected to a switch rather than my transmission. However, when the little lady drives the Jeep, she hits the switch so that the rear lights become reverse lights...nothing wrong with that, except she's now drained the battery twice. So now my rear lights are connected to the transmission instead. Your setup would be a great option and allow me to still run rear lights separate from reverse lights.

Definitely thinking about it. Here's my problem...I want rear lights connected to a switch rather than my transmission. However, when the little lady drives the Jeep, she hits the switch so that the rear lights become reverse lights...nothing wrong with that, except she's now drained the battery twice. So now my rear lights are connected to the transmission instead. Your setup would be a great option and allow me to still run rear lights separate from reverse lights.

You can wore your rear lights into the reverse and also into a switch. That way they come on when in reverse but you can also turn them on on the trail. Does that make sense?

Yeah...that was one option I was considering before I saw Jason's set up. I'm supposed to pick up my jeep tomorrow so I'll see how much of a turnaround time Drew needs to do that.

This is my plan. I didn't want the super bright spot LEDs (rigid or similar) to also be my everyday reverse. Just my own preference.

I'll be doing separate LEDs as additional lights out back on a switch that will also have amber covers for dust lights when needed.

^^ you can also do as Overlander said if you don't mind having the same LEDs for reverse and other uses. I almost went this route, but then found my lights and decided to give them a try.

- Jason

I do prefer your set up and I'm sure I'll make the switch eventually. Thanks for the info. Much obliged! And again great build...hope to run some trails with you soon. I think Mel mentioned he would be setting something up in the summer so maybe I'll get a chance to meet you all there.

I do prefer your set up and I'm sure I'll make the switch eventually. Thanks for the info. Much obliged! And again great build...hope to run some trails with you soon. I think Mel mentioned he would be setting something up in the summer so maybe I'll get a chance to meet you all there.

You bet Jay. I heard some rumblings of Mel setting something up as well. Would be cool to hit some trails with you as well. I'm still getting my wheeling legs beneath me. Lol. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to roll out. 👍

- Jason

You bet Jay. I heard some rumblings of Mel setting something up as well. Would be cool to hit some trails with you as well. I'm still getting my wheeling legs beneath me. Lol. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to roll out. 👍

- Jason

You and me both! Sounds like a plan.

Put the ring guards on this morning before it got too hot again. I realize these are not beadlocks, but at half the price, they get me rolling and I like the look with and without the guards, not to mention protecting the wheels for resale when I do get beadlocks.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400127167.485534.jpg

Later in the afternoon I headed over to ORE for my diff/gear service and re torque. Picked up the tranny skid while there and will install this weekend.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400127332.928138.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400127348.179154.jpg

- Jason

Put the ring guards on this morning before it got too hot again. I realize these are not beadlocks, but at half the price, they get me rolling and I like the look with and without the guards, not to mention protecting the wheels for resale when I do get beadlocks.
View attachment 83133

Later in the afternoon I headed over to ORE for my diff/gear service and re torque. Picked up the tranny skid while there and will install this weekend.

View attachment 83134
View attachment 83135

- Jason

Do you really take a picture in front of ORE every time your there?

Posting up a couple ORE pinch seem cut pics for Pastorwug. Hopefully this is what you were looking for. 👍

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400879209.099798.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400879223.652581.jpg

- Jason

Did some hard core wrenching on ENVY. Not Really, but did decide on location for my marker lights. So I got those installed and also found a home for my mag light.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401046030.512601.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401046048.780296.jpg

- Jason

Top Bottom