The building of knuckles

I asked you and Sharkey both to talk me out of it, but both failed. Sharkey put up a much better effort than you did of course. ;)

Only because if you went with my suggestion it would have meant I could look forward to some wrenching.

any plans to run the uppers? Interested to see what the quality and seal is like on them. Asked greg if he had any expierance but he said he didn't but did plan to eventually get a set for his doors.

any plans to run the uppers? Interested to see what the quality and seal is like on them. Asked greg if he had any expierance but he said he didn't but did plan to eventually get a set for his doors.

I might. They are relatively inexpensive compared to the doors. I've read both good and bad.

I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of EVO JEEP with the uppers. Maybe he'll chime in with his opinion?

Oh I have some wrenching for us to do...say the word my friend. :yup:

What?!?! You have wrenching to be done and have been holding out on me? I've had a bottle of honey in the fridge chilling since Christmas morning just waiting for a reason to be opened up.

What?!?! You have wrenching to be done and have been holding out on me? I've had a bottle of honey in the fridge chilling since Christmas morning just waiting for a reason to be opened up.

did someone say :honey:???? ok im on my way over!! ill taste test the :honey: and supervise the work and give professional opinions!! :cheesy:

I might. They are relatively inexpensive compared to the doors. I've read both good and bad.

I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of EVO JEEP with the uppers. Maybe he'll chime in with his opinion?

Oh I'll chime in when I'm good and damn ready to chime in with my opinion, but first a few questions.....

- How about these politicians in Washington? I mean really, who do they think they are!
- What's up this whole global warming thing, does mankind really play a part?
- is the Affordable Health Care act really all that bad, is it really all that good?
- can Miley Cyrus regain respect in the music industry?

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Rugged Ridge half doors- love mine, a great option over the super pricey factory doors. Really light, only about 25lbs per door. If you take the time to actually align them correctly, they operate very well, but this is true for any door, or trunk, or hood no matter if it's factory or aftermarket.

Now for the soft upper windows, yes I ordered them for survivng the harsh Scottsdale, AZ winters! Now I have to preface this next statement with a disclaimer- if you don't roll/flop your jeep and tweak the entire body with a slight twist you will ultimately have better results with the fitment of the door uppers. My uppers work, but definitely do not fit as well as they would on a jeep that has seen slightly less abuse than my pig of a rig. Around town the uppers are not bad, little to no real noise from buffeting. However, on the hwy they are just like the ones on my CJ-5 and CJ-7, lots of wind pressure pulls out on them and some flapping and whistling. Again, I think if my body wasn't twisted I would be happier with the upper's fit. I really don't run the uppers that much, the weather is just too nice here. I will have them on the jeep for the trip out to KOH in two weeks. Even 60 degree temps at 75-80 mph over 4+ hrs will cause hypothermia and other lesser know sexually transmitted diseases (medical fact)

I think MTG has a better chance at success with his stable of garage monkeys he can task to help with the fitting of the lowers. Also, if you are going to color match the lowers to your body (very sweet looking!) I would also contemplate painting the door handles body matching too. It will help to hide the fact the front and rear handles are not on the same horizontal plane like factory half doors.

Edit: 1 additional statement....."and you shall go to the rattle can, embrace its powers, rejoice in its abilities to make all nice and somewhat newer, with cost less than that of powder coating, but you will appreciate it never the less" GCM 2 book of jeep 5:72[/QUOTE]

LOL........................:cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom