The building of knuckles

Edit: 1 additional statement....."and you shall go to the rattle can, embrace its powers, rejoice in its abilities to make all nice and somewhat newer, with cost less than that of powder coating, but you will appreciate it never the less" GCM 2 book of jeep 5:72

I still get a tear when I read those verses :sigh:

Wait, did I just get called a garage monkey?:cheesy::cheesy:

MTG always said you were the smartest of the crew, now I know he was correct ;)

That was sage advice. However I picked this up a while ago and have been dying to try it out.

Ooooh, this should be interesting! I can't wait to see the final product on Knuckles :rock:

Yo, bro-ceefus! Just saw this photo of a similar white JK with half doors (I think they may be Smittybuilt), but thought it would provide some inspiration since that "team lift" needed for the doors probably has you all worn out......

image-2569122950.jpg

Yo, bro-ceefus! Just saw this photo of a similar white JK with half doors (I think they may be Smittybuilt), but thought it would provide some inspiration since that "team lift" needed for the doors probably has you all worn out......

View attachment 65807

Why don't any of the aftermarket door manufacturers understand that some of us OCD types NEED the door handles to be at the same level (as is the case with OEM half doors)?

Why don't any of the aftermarket door manufacturers understand that some of us OCD types NEED the door handles to be at the same level (as is the case with OEM half doors)?

They know people like you don't really own a jeep?

I'm guessing it's easier to make the latch work with less parts

Now that I look at that.... That would drive me crazy

I saw that on the that Smittybuilt facebook page. I think that is Crippledpetey (sp?) on this site?

The white doors look great, but like you I think the handles need to be painted white.

I'm sure they agree, but dealing with the asymmetrical location of the doorstrike would increase production costs and thus reduce profit margin. I know you lawyers know all about the bottom line. ;)

For me frugality trumps CDO almost all the time. :cheesy:

They know people like you don't really own a jeep?

I'm guessing it's easier to make the latch work with less parts

^This!

Haven't had any spare time to try these out. Tonight I just had to see how they looked.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392351826.810889.jpg

To my surprise this one fit right out of the box with no adjustment. 👍

Can't wait to get them all fitted and painted.

Hmmm donuts! Lol

You do realize that you went all the way back to post #38, August 1st 2012, to reply with my quote :thinking: I guess it's normal to go back 1,840 post to find something random to reply with quote to :doh:

You do realize that you went all the way back to post #38, August 1st 2012, to reply with my quote :thinking: I guess it's normal to go back 1,840 post to find something random to reply with quote to :doh:

:cheesy: I think he started from the beginning because I linked it in an earlier thread. :idontknow:

At first I couldn't figure out where he quoted you from either.

Top Bottom