The building of knuckles

MTG,
What lights are those on the tire carrier? Thinking of running those as dust lights.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG,
What lights are those on the tire carrier? Thinking of running those as dust lights.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

They are a much cheaper version of the rigid duallys. You can find them on eBay.

^ this. I think they are cree brand. Bought them from a local vendor for cheap. I use the rigid amber dust covers on them to make dust lights. I think there is a picture on here of that.

The wires inside the wire loom run along the frame to the front, up to a relay. :yup:

cool thank you, i have a set of duallys i wanted to move out back but wasnt sure what the best/easiest way to run the wiring would be

cool thank you, i have a set of duallys i wanted to move out back but wasnt sure what the best/easiest way to run the wiring would be

I think this way is the easiest. I think some people have fished them inside the frame itself, but ain't nobody got time for that! ;)

I think this way is the easiest. I think some people have fished them inside the frame itself, but ain't nobody got time for that! ;)

images

Quick fishing tip... Learned this from electricians running hundreds of feet of cable in conduit.

If you wanna run wires inside framerail you need some strong string (thicker like twine) and a good shop vac. Attach one end of string to wires and tie /wrap with a few inches of tape (can use synthetis fishtape rope too) attach the other end to the handles of a small plastic grocery bag. Feed bag and string into the hole where you want to start have someone attach a big ass shop vac to the other end where you want to terminate... if you suck hard enough you should see the string start dissapearing. If you don't have enough suction use sone tape to cover extra holes in frame.

I did this when I wired my lights and it took about 5 min in total.

Quick fishing tip... Learned this from electricians running hundreds of feet of cable in conduit.

If you wanna run wires inside framerail you need some strong string (thicker like twine) and a good shop vac. Attach one end of string to wires and tie /wrap with a few inches of tape (can use synthetis fishtape rope too) attach the other end to the handles of a small plastic grocery bag. Feed bag and string into the hole where you want to start have someone attach a big ass shop vac to the other end where you want to terminate... if you suck hard enough you should see the string start dissapearing. If you don't have enough suction use sone tape to cover extra holes in frame.

That's freaking cool!!! I run all of my wires and air lines etc in the frame to protect them (had an air line burst from the hot muffler being 8" away once)and this would save a lot of time!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

As I finish up my EVO carrier I need to send you a big shout out, Mike. The nutsert tool you and Sharkey used was SWEET. Just like Sharkey said, I'm looking for more ways to use nutserts. Also the make shift frame to support the carrier worked great, however it's not recommended to do without help!

I used this trick when running a feed line through 250 ft of 3" conduit. Used a red flag from Home Depot, bottle cap attached to masonry line and my shop vac. Took about 30 sec for the line to be fed. Pretty cool.

This will work only if the area you are running has only two openings. Another way would be to use a fishtape.

R/
Will

Check out my new half doors!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385941989.004429.jpg

Oh wait, that's right...instead I had to call a plumber to fix a burst pipe inside a wall today. Got to love those Sunday emergency repair rates. :doh:

Good times!

NOT good times. That sucks MTG. Life's got a way of dishing those unplanned for expenses every now and again.... 👎

Heh. Just paid a plumber today to tell me I had to do exactly what I hired him to avoid. The rates they charge sometimes have me wondering if I am in the wrong business.

Heh. Just paid a plumber today to tell me I had to do exactly what I hired him to avoid. The rates they charge sometimes have me wondering if I am in the wrong business.

I always encourage people who do not know what they want to do to consider a trade like plumbing. Might not be glamorous, but you can sure make a hell of a good living doing it. :thumb:

The good news is we were not out of town. That would have been disastrous!!

Probably most homeowners nightmare!

I always encourage people who do not know what they want to do to consider a trade like plumbing. Might not be glamorous, but you can sure make a hell of a good living doing it. :thumb:

I agree with you here, this or HVAC. Good trade and a decent living as well. :yup:

Top Bottom